Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering getting my Raptor bored out to 780 come spring, after finally replacing the jets and by the way thanks for the help on that one guys. :thumbsup: Anyway I was wondering if anyone on here has tried boring there Raptor out to this. Providing they used the kit from Trinity Racing. On there website they claim it requires extensive machining and that it is only intended for racing. I guess what I am getting at here,is that if I actually did this to my Raptor would it be undrivable for ordinary trail riding?

·
Registered
350 Posts
RAPTORBATER said:
I was considering getting my Raptor bored out to 780 come spring, after finally replacing the jets and by the way thanks for the help on that one guys. :thumbsup: Anyway I was wondering if anyone on here has tried boring there Raptor out to this. Providing they used the kit from Trinity Racing. On there website they claim it requires extensive machining and that it is only intended for racing. I guess what I am getting at here,is that if I actually did this to my Raptor would it be undrivable for ordinary trail riding?
high maintanence more then likely, also would require a high octane gas which anything above 104octane ususally cost 10-30$ a gallon.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
with a 780: look around the neighborhood of $5000 for a complete build..
Don't forget with the bigger builds (if you intend on trail riding)
get yfz/700r spec'd calipers in the front...
better clutch components
a higher tensile rated chain (you'll snap a stock one)
longer swing-arm

one more thing...your raptor would not be close to ordinary trail riding.

·
Registered
350 Posts
rt said:
with a 780: look around the neighborhood of $5000 for a complete build..
Don't forget with the bigger builds (if you intend on trail riding)
get yfz/700r spec'd calipers in the front...
better clutch components
a higher tensile rated chain (you'll snap a stock one)
longer swing-arm

one more thing...your raptor would not be close to ordinary trail riding.
90mph wheelie trail riding lol.....

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Overkill for trails but if you want to know specifics about a 780 I'll be happy to answer your questions.

A properly built 719 will be all you can handle for recreational riding and be much, much cheaper to build that a 780.

·
Registered
350 Posts
CoalShedRacing said:
Overkill for trails but if you want to know specifics about a 780 I'll be happy to answer your questions.

A properly built 719 will be all you can handle for recreational riding and be much, much cheaper to build that a 780.

719 FTW.... My next step but wont be doing the 39mm FCR's just yet.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
That's nuts.

For $5300, you could buy a new 2007 Raptor straight off the showroom. My decision would be based on the type of riding I do.

For trails start out with a bigger cam, maybe swap the piston to a hgh compression piston. That's going to give you a little more throttle response and range for 1/3 the cost.

~Brian

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
As long as you didn't go nuts on a couple of components you could still trail ride it. A lot of people told me I wouldn't be able to trail ride mine, but it's quite civil.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Maddog56 said:
As long as you didn't go nuts on a couple of components you could still trail ride it. A lot of people told me I wouldn't be able to trail ride mine, but it's quite civil.
I know you've put the details up before, but could you give us a full breakdown on what you're now running??

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.