Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i posted on here about my 700 and friends ltr 450.....he went through with his build that his builder (dont wana throw his name out since i didnt hear from him myself) but does 700s as well... claims his ltr will dyno 75-78 hp to the wheels, ltr ends up at 595cc, custom stroker crank/bb cyl 15.1 custom made cp,custom cams, drag port head, 54mm bored crf tbody,lockout, inj and supporting mods....??? money was no object in this build i know hes at 6k or so in the engine.... but 78hp???? it takes alot to pull that from a 700 base let alone a 450 most built ltr i cld find put dwn 60s and those were the highest i could find any thoughts, were gona drag at busco this weekend and hes talkin all kinds of ish.... ill prolly loose but idk by how much...id say my bike makes low 60s at best and rarely loose even againt 700s with more work then mine

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i'm not sure if you're familiar with FSA, but Craig Iradell's (Vader on LTR450HQ) just sold or was selling his KMS built race motor and chassis. he had a ton of money into it. it was reliable as well, and made 70+ on Kelly's dyno. it is possible, but KMS specializes in drag ltr's.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Theres a ton of work that got to be done to an LTR engine to make past 65 so yes, 70+ is possible depending on the dyno. Valvetrain parts custom made and alot of other pieces to the puzzle.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Your biggest problem is going to be traction......was just there this past weekend and the track is so dry.......better bring spiked tires.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Craigs race motor was a respectable 70+ and KMS dyno isn't generous. Craigs motor would've been atleast 90 on trinity's dyno hah! at the last FSA race, Craig finished 2nd in a very stacked class with impressive TRX's and YFZ's. Craig won the series championship last year i believe.

the problem with the zooks is that there's not alot of R&D that's been done to get the highest HP out of them for drag racing. the bike is predominantly an MX type race bike, i have one myself that's very built for WORCS. the motor is very top-endish. alot of the builders are trying to get a better bottom for MX applications to go well with the midrange and top that it has.

i must say that KMS builds the most impressive drag and dune zooks i've seen. i'd be interested to know what builder your friend used and to see that dyno slip.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
were gona drag at busco this weekend and hes talkin all kinds of ish.... ill prolly loose but idk by how much...id say my bike makes low 60s at best and rarely loose even againt 700s with more work then mine
i have a Kenz built raptor that put 78/59 on Kenz dyno and a Ryan Cox/Yoshimura Factory Suzuki built LTR450. i've never really drag raced them against each other (i can't ride two quads simultaneously) but i feel that the Zuk with it's current set-up will keep up with the Raptor on dirt through the gears and the Zuk will get pulled in 5th. the Raptor is geared 15-37 with 22" rear tires and the Zuk 14-36 with 20" rear tires. sand will be a different story.

if he truly has a 75+ on a conservative dyno LTR450, you will know because he will pull you if you're both set-up properly.

EDIT: i didn't see the above two posts where you mentioned it was a KMS build.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
09 rappy se howd ur bike do?
On just motor I would spin half the track...and spray was useless, as soon as I hit the button, I blow the tires and hit the limitter...the track sprinklers are down for repairs so traction is a real problem...of course it will be for him as well. Get there early and wet the lane you are going to run in. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sweet its supposed to rain fri so hopfuly that helps, i dont mind losin knowin what hes got against my stock cyl/head/crank just fun were always competing he just takes it to seriously and got his feelings hurt when i beat his ltr when he first got it wich was a mild build....piston/head/cams...... and invested some$$$$ lol

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Good luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i nvr made it to busco (work) but the ltr did.......from what i heard it was wicked fast.....he broke his kickstarter off and try to pull start it and jumped timing when it fired off....destroyed 4 valves/head has a hole in it, snaped a cam in half, piston/cyl done and some other stuff to....shits nuts i wanted to arace it, i know he will be lookin for a head if anybody has one layin around though this is the wrong forum to ask lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
wow....all that money!!! Did he have his LTR for very long? He needs to get rid of his LTR now and get a Raptor and put half that $$$ into it

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nooooooooooooo i dont want him to have a rappy 700 like me lol, he finished the motor friday blew it up on sat

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
ouch! that's a very expensive failure.

i can almost relate, but not exactly. i have chad wienen's 2008 ltr450 motor. the head is +1 ported and decked by ryan cox, who was the chief motor builder for factory suzuki. my head is broke, but repairable. it broke at both motor mounts.

it was actually broke before i got it, but repaired. i had about 15 hours on it before i broke it again at the same spot. i was told the first repair wasn't that good the first time around.

anyway, i'm worried it will happen again and if it does, it's time for a new head. i have a $2,000 Xceldyne valve train in this head that i'm hoping i can use in a new head if i go that route.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dam man that sucks..... these reasons kinda keep me from doin a wild build on my 700....its fast the way it is and i beat the everlovin sh*& out of it and all i do is change oil and plugs lol.... but when the time comes to tear it down ill do some headwork/pistin and prolly a bb seeing ill prolly need a cyl come time but who knows

·
Registered
544 Posts
70 horse 700 isnt hard to do, some of these turbo's are above 130rwhp and some NA bikes are 90-100.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
70+ hp on a stock bore pump gas sounds like a pretty darn reliable build. Wouldnt bat an eye lash. You build 450 motors to this extreme and things start gettin a lil scary.
I wouldnt worry about building a raptor up...it takes a lot to make em unreliable from what ive seen and heard.
thats damn rediculous though seeing a 450 based quad with over 70hp

1 - 20 of 24 Posts