Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I put these in to. I thought it was better than removing the lid. I ride in wet and muddy conditions. Just keep them oiled up.

·
Registered
239 Posts
it seems cheap enough but how much difference does it make

ben

·
Registered
219 Posts
They work pretty well... I had 12 of them on my old 400EX. Ran them for the same reason...I wanted more airflow, but needed protection from mud/water. While it doesn't flow as much as an open lid, if you get enough vents in it, you'll be pretty close.

I'd recommend putting them on the outer edges of the airbox (not directly above the filter). That way when/if water or mud comes in, it runs down the sides to the bottom of the box, and not directly on top of the filter. ;)

I may do this to my lid for the wet riding days... It looks like you could get at least 10 of them in the lid around the sides and on the rear end of the air box.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You can cover intake tube and the engine will keep running fine. I think it will be almost the same as removing the lid.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I didnt notice any gain at all on my 660. We dyno'd it before and after and didnt even jetted it and it still didnt make a difference. Every bike responds differently to mods though so im glad it worked out for you guys. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
peanut326 said:
Im sure this has been done before, but i thought of it on my own lol. It seems to help a good bit!

lemme know what ya think!
Dude,

F the air box! Who is that girl with the monster fun bags??

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
where can i find some of those filters

·
Registered
468 Posts
thanks they seem like they would help out

·
Registered
219 Posts
I put some on mine tonight... Going to be riding in some mud/water this weekend and wanted to have some better protection. I ended up putting 12 of them in the lid. None of them are directly over the filter so any water that makes it thru should go down to the bottom of the airbox. I'm going to have to tune my Dobeck for less air flow than running with the lid off, but that shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

·
Registered
113 Posts
ya,

I'd put some of those on my bike to, but I'd probley be looking at a strait up divorce, but those breathers look nice too.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts