Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so It drove fine a week ago pulled it out today and goes into gear fine but wont move just revs the motor. any help would be great!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just tried to adjust the clutch and didnt make a difference, my kid said when she started it today it did move about 5 feet then just stopped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you can feel that adjusting makes a difference in selecting gears, is the clutch the only thing that this sounds like?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Ya its a semi auto 3 speed
Yeah, those have a clutch pack just like a 4wheeler/motorcycle with a hand clutch.
And that clutch is linked to a cvt style clutch, like on a go-cart, which is how you get the foot shift with an automatic clutch.
The standard clutch pack has steels and fiber plates in it. If you can't adjust it anymore, then you need new fiber plates, and possibly the steel plates.
The springs should be reuseable, but measure their height to be sure.
Make Sure you use Wet-Clutch oil in it too.
If not, the friction modifiers in the oil will cause the new clutch to slip too.
You'll most likely need a new clutch cover gasket as well.
It's a simple job, and the parts aren't expensive either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey so I took off the clutch cover and I can move the plate by hand 5/16 of an inch. Is that normal?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I don't know the factory specs, but the plates don't fit rock solid in the basket.
You have to remove the plates, you can't tell just by looking at the assembled clutch.
The fibers should not be burnt or glazed, and will have a thickness spec.
You can PM @morphrider
He may have a pdf service manual he can email you.

·
Super Moderator
8,804 Posts
I can take a look when I am on my computer to see what I have in the files as far as those smaller machines. I think I have a couple for the 90 I can send over, which should help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey so Finally got another clutch for the raptor but it still does not move in gear. just revs out. What else am I looking at here?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts