Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright.... I had my A-arms and nerfs powder coated red..... On the rap700 a-arms the lower a-arms ball joints can be romoved and replaced.... but on the upper a-arms the ball joints can not be replaced.... you have to buy a whole new a-arm..... so anyway.... on my upper a-arms, the powder coater had to remove the rubber sleeve over the ball joints to powder coat the arms..... he just called me and told me that he had to remove the rubber sleeve, but that when he did some like plastic o-ring came out or broke out in pieces....?? anybody have any clue what i am going to do..... he says that now the ball joints are just a lot freerer (Sp?) and more loose..... i am going to pick up the a-arms tmrw.... so i might have more info then.... but anybody have anyclue what he is talking about or any suggestions about what i am going to do..... i looke on a OEM part finder.... and it just shows that you have to buy the whole a-arm (on top a-arms) to get the ball joints.... doesnt say anything about this little plastic piece.

Thanks for any help you all can give me

Plattner

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone else powder coated their a-arms.... i mean the ball joints on the bottom a-arms will come out but not on the top... so if you have what did the powder coater do to the ball joints on the top a-arms while they were in the heater...?

Plattner

·
Registered
623 Posts
i ran into the same problem trying to get mine powdercoated. no clue what you can do aside from buying new upper arms or using those, and paint/clearcoating them.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Its prolly not much help for your question, but i have the equipment to powdercoat, and i do know that there cannot be any rubber or plastics due to the baking process.. we usually bake to approx 400 degrees

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i just got the a-arms back ... they look amazing... i will be posting pics probably sunday.... i while have the bike back together... i talked to The Yamaha dealership and they told me to not worry about it... since the upper a-arms ball joint cant come out.... yea i know that that rubber boot had to come off... i was just curious about the plastic o-ring the powder coater broke.... but i think it will all work
The ball joint just seems a little loose... but once i put it back on the bike and put the nut on it... i have a feeling it will all tighten up... and be fine...

Thanks Plattner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.