Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently bought a 2007 raptor 700R. The other day I was riding down a smooth dirt road, and a weld on the right side A-arm snapped. The wheel fell face down on its side and stuck in the ground, and I went flying OTB. I didn't hit any kind of rut or anything, it just randomly snapped. Has anything like this happened to anybody else? I looked at the A-arms and they look really cheap, but did I just get a faulty one, or do they break often?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I have not heard of any breaking. was it upper or lower. uppers are aluminum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Upper. Yea, I noticed it's aluminum, which seemed odd to me considering how much depends on it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i think you just got a lazy weld on your a-arm. whire wheel the metal, re weld it, and re paint it, and youll be set :thumbsup:

·
Registered
497 Posts
That is the perfect excuse to drop a couple grand upgrading your front end!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
headingnorth said:
That is the perfect excuse to drop a couple grand upgrading your front end!
It would definatly be more then enough of an excuse for me. 8)

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
after i found out they were aluminum i was terrified. Fuel atv has an awesome deal on the ishock kit. The damn tube is even hollow. Thats scarry.

·
Registered
497 Posts
TEXAS700 said:
after i found out they were aluminum i was terrified. Fuel atv has an awesome deal on the ishock kit. The damn tube is even hollow. Thats scarry.
I agree with Tex...... Time to call Steve at Fuel.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
I would think Yamaha would be able to cover something like that.. maybe call your stealership and see what they say.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Krandall said:
I would think Yamaha would be able to cover something like that.. maybe call your stealership and see what they say.
Ha ha. He said stealership. So true.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Dude that would piss me off so bad i would go down to the dealership and punch them all in the face :metal:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Being made from aluminum isn't a big deal. When i crashed mine the steel lower arm with a skidplate pretzeled, the upper arm didn't even bend. You just got one of those unlucky part's that are on any vehicle, and those are the same arms that come on all the 450's too. If I remember correctly the upper arm was 125$, not cheap, but cheaper than aftermarket.
TEXAS700 said:
Just out of curiosity, what about that is scary, that their made of aluminum or that they are hollow? Aluminum is to save some weight, hollow is how(as far as I know) most every suspension arm is made.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Hollow aluminum welded to cast piece, oh no! When I was riding mine, I looked down, and oh my God half of the frame is aluminum!! :eek: They made the beast with aluminum to save on weight, if this phenomina scares you, DO NOT ever fly in airplane!!!! It's all aluminum, probally shouldn't ride in a saturn either it alot of plastic. :p :lol: :thumbsup:

You got a manufacture defect part, which sucks, Japan has weed for sale just like we do :grin_nod: Shit happens! Definately go to your stealership, even if your warranty is expired. they might still cover something that drastic. Let us know what comes of it.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Well aren't we all being smart asses today. Just thought the cast aluminum was a little thin. Its not as strong as 6061 aircraft grade aluminum.

·
Registered
994 Posts
after would be sweet to get.

I think the only way for me to go wider in the rear is spacers. In the front theres maybe[\i] one company who makes a-arms for the Outlaw. Probably not even one.

Which sucks for me.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Jeremy said:
Looks like quality stuff right there!
Your last few post have been about you being pissed about brand whores, and yamaha raptor lovers (on a raptor site, what do you expect...), and now trying to make a big deal out of this.  You having a bad couple of days or something?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts