Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What does everyone think about the ALBA Racing a-arms? Found a set on eBay for $399

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-RAPT...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c63216c62&vxp=mtr

Worth the price or should I wait?

----------------------

I'm a bit.. undecided on which route I should go. My lower ball joints are pretty banged up and my tie rods are bent to hell. I could either rebuild my current setup or get a new set of a-arms. Here's the break down:

Lower Ball Joint (x2) - $45.98
Tie Rods (x2) - $39.99
Tie Rod Ends (x4) - $46.95
Upper A-Arm Bearings (x2) - $54.78
Lower A-Arm Bearings (x2) - $44.98
Total: $232.68

Full Flight +2 +1 A-Arm Kit - $347.09
Total: $394.04

Lone Star +2 +0 A-Arm Kit - $479.95
Upper A-Arm Bearings (x2) - $54.78
Lower A-Arm Bearings (x2) - $44.98
Total: $626.66

I'm assuming that Full Flight and Lone Star a-arms do not come with tie rod ends or the bushings & bearings. It seems like the Full Flight setup has it's own bearings system though.

Full Flight worries me a bit because of the heim joints. From what I've read they aren't too reliable and there have been some cases of the welds breaking on the arm itself. They do have a lifetime warranty but what good would that do me if I'm dead?

The Lone Star setup is nice but I would need to purchase all the necessary hardware for it (tie rods ends, bushings, and bearings) which gets really expensive.

The reason I'm undecided is because I have no issues with the stock suspension setup. I mainly do trail riding and have no complaints about how the bike handles. I haven't rod one with upgrades a-arms but at the same time I'm not a professional rider. One thing I hate about the stock setup is that I cannot change the upper ball joints.

So.. what are you opinions?

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I guess it kinda depends on your budget. Front end problems get very old and annoying. I would upgrade the stock tie rods and tie rod ends and maybe just replace the ball joints and bearings. I have had my raptor since 05 and never had any problems besides tie rods and tie rod ends. Good luck=) Also if your tearing up a arms and ball joints maybe you should invest in a set of skid plates.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess it kinda depends on your budget. Front end problems get very old and annoying. I would upgrade the stock tie rods and tie rod ends and maybe just replace the ball joints and bearings. I have had my raptor since 05 and never had any problems besides tie rods and tie rod ends. Good luck=) Also if your tearing up a arms and ball joints maybe you should invest in a set of skid plates.
That's the thing, I'm not tearing them up. It's an 01 660R and I don't think they've ever been changed. They were torn up since I bought it and I just never bothered replacing them until now, which is the reason I feel like sticking with OEM stuff.

·
Registered
521 Posts
+2 is just 2" wider....+2+1 is 2" wider and 1" forward

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
The inch forward is for weight better weight distribution. I would go after market if I were you. Its night and day difference.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I'd say they look pretty good, heard some good things about Alba A-arms. Check out Ace Fabrication as well, there are a few of us running their setup on here as well for a few bucks cheaper than the Albas, but it's all in buyer preference. I'd say either way you won't go wrong.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd say they look pretty good, heard some good things about Alba A-arms. Check out Ace Fabrication as well, there are a few of us running their setup on here as well for a few bucks cheaper than the Albas, but it's all in buyer preference. I'd say either way you won't go wrong.
Where did you find the ACE setup for cheaper than ALBA? I know I seen it on eBay but it was more because they were charging shipping.

The ALBA look real nice though because of the gullwing design, but it also seems like you wouldn't be able to add a-arm skids to them.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Shipping was only $20 if I remember correctly. Also, aren't skids only designed to be run on stock length A-arms anyway? I don't run A-arm skids, so I'm not positive, but I could swear I read that before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.