Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what the arms and frame are made of. Dont just say steel, is it crome molly, or what is the chemical make up of the two?

·
Registered
735 Posts
im gonna say just steel... :lol:

I doubt it would be chrome molly......costs more. Plus the stock frame bends very easy, as do the arms. Whatever it is, its cheap.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would agree with steel, but it tend to not rust very easily in any at all.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I believe it's a carbon steel, but I can't tell you much else.

01 subframes were aluminum.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
If you want to get technical, Chromolly IS a grade of steel. Just one of the "better" ones for a frame.

I think the upper a-arms are aluminum too aren't they?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
firstraptor said:
If you want to get technical, Chromolly IS a grade of steel. Just one of the "better" ones for a frame.

I think the upper a-arms are aluminum too aren't they?
I thought it was just the 01 models with the square-tube uppers vs the round tubing on the 02-05. Am I confusing this with another bike, or just mistaken about them not being aluminum?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Maddog56 said:
I thought it was just the 01 models with the square-tube uppers vs the round tubing on the 02-05. Am I confusing this with another bike, or just mistaken about them not being aluminum?
I think the arm that came off my 01 are square and aluminum, but that was a while ago and they were being replaced with some +2's, I wasn't to intrested in them any more.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What are the specs of the stock cam
Like the lift (mm), lobe center, duration, and the valve lash. ( Intake and Exhaust)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts