Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I got stock A Arm and I notice that they are starting to bend upwards? is it normal wear? also paint is wearing off alot and rust are is starting? why put steel aarm on a alluminium frame????

anyways my question is I wanna buy new ones but I dont wanna pay big bucks for them I dont MX so what would be good replacement with stock shocks???

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
It's mostly a steel frame just the sub frame is aluminum plus the steel hold up better than the aluminum frames. Talk to TQSATV KB for a good deal a arms. I got mine from TQSATV and he gave me a good deal on them. Do you have any pics of the a arms where you say there bending?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
It's mostly a steel frame just the sub frame is aluminum plus the steel hold up better than the aluminum frames. Talk to TQSATV KB for a good deal a arms. I got mine from TQSATV and he gave me a good deal on them. Do you have any pics of the a arms where you say there bending?
Its not a mostly steel frame...from the footpegs fwd on the bottom they r steel...the rest is aluminum. To the op...don't b cheap, spend more for better, stronger a arms..mx is not the only reason to get better a arms. Stock a arms are 3/4"...most aftermarket a arms are 1" so they are way stronger than the stock steel bottoms and aluminium tops.

·
Registered
156 Posts
man be careful that sounds like a catastrophic failure waiting to happen. I had a tie rod bend and it threw me off and the bike veered off the trail and rolled off a embankment bending all sorts of stuff. If it looks like it is starting to fail. DONT RIDE IT>

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Are you sure they're bending? The balljoints in the lower arms sit at an upward angle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts