Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello im Jon im new to the forum I recently aquired a 2001 660 i knew it had some problems but i rebuilt the carb after messing with the floats it ran like a champ then put a transmission out of an 02 to fix second just so yal have some back ground well my question is on the front a arms the heim joints are froze and the bottom bushings are bad I wanted to see if anyone can help me figure out what brand they are so i can track down parts for them as i cant afford new ones at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
hello im jon im new to the forum i recently aquired a 2001 660 i knew it had some problems but i rebuilt the carb after messing with the floats it ran like a champ then put a transmission out of an 02 to fix second just so yal have some back ground well my question is on the front a arms the heim joints are froze and the bottom bushings are bad i wanted to see if anyone can help me figure out what brand they are so i can track down parts for them as i cant afford new ones at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lone stars..............;)

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
the parts you need are generic .... heims are heims ... you can get those CHEAP ANYWHERE ... the ball joints are the hard part ... those are TIE ROD ends from a car .... the old trick was VW thing versions .... broke LOTS of those on JD arms ... till my riding buddy broke his and found out that S10 pickups have the same threads ...but beefier ... the only issue then is the taper where they attach to your spindles .... the VW's require reaming to fit ... on his kfx400 .. the S10's dropped right in ... not sure if his spindles are reamed or not .. they don't look like it ...

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
does it matter what year S-10?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts