Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just mounted the new powermadds I got for Christmas :thumbsup:

Throwin' the roost!

My friend and I were going out to make a video at a sand pit in December, Its a nice view (note... thats iced over water)

10 minutes into filming, trying to show off. He was spinning a doughnut.. His tire caught a HUGE rut. and he went flying..

Oh yeah.. and FYI.. I wasn't a jackass. I did help him fish it out :)
It was a cold and long ride home for him :) the "Ride O' Shame"

We got it back to my place and tore it totally apart:

After about 3 hours of work, and letting it sit over night. the next day we had it all back together and running like a champ!

·
Registered
815 Posts
no way that you all started that bike back up after it was underwater upside down... ? ? ?
i take it that he got the bike shut off before it went under...

Plattner

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
plattner said:
no way that you all started that bike back up after it was underwater upside down... ? ? ?
i take it that he got the bike shut off before it went under...

Plattner
We tore it TOTALLY Apart (sorry I didn't go through the whole story) we tore the whole topend apart, but NO he did NOT shut it off before he went under water, we had to totally drain all fluids.. but no lies, we had it running next day. could have had it running the same day, but he had to meet his parents somewhere.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We changed the oil 2 times at my house the next day, after draining it, we rode for about 1/2 hour, went back, drained it all, and put new oil in. then rode for about 2 hours, where I sent him w/ some more oil, and he changed it when he got it home.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well at least your buddy was smiling after. Just a warning to those of you who venture out on to ice, a bunch of guys I usually go riding with went out on a reservoir. The ice was pretty thick wasn't there don't know exactly, and 4 quads and a rhino went under. Thank God another Rhino didn't want to go out on the ice, his was brand new. He rescued all 6 guys (two in the Rhino) transported them all home without any casualties. He returned later and retrieved every quad and even the Rhino with I think a grappling hook and winch. The ice must have been weakened by a warm spring feeding from underneath.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh.. :) NOTE!!!! we were not on the ice prior to this event lol.. He was on a penninsula (I'm horrible telling stories as you can see) and while on the peninsula, he caught, and his 4-wheeler flipped up in the air and over, he landed back first upside down in the water.. it was intense watching

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VelociRaptor said:
Do you agree that the YFZ tires shoulda came factory on the 700s, I know I feel that way :thumbsup:- I love mine!
YES!!!!! these things are SO much better than the stockers.. they grip so much better!

Yeah, He smiled a little bit. I mean obviously he was pissed off at himself he still owes like... $2000 on it lol, but all and all, the next day when we got it runnin, he was grinnin ear to ear!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Man, that pic was not what I was expecting. Seeing the tires floating at the top. HAHA That sucks. Nice to hear its running.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
:lol:

Reminds me of when I used to go wheelin with my buddy. I had a lifted Jeep Wrangler and he had a Lifted Chevy Silverado and he used to give me crap all the time about being so small and how he would never get stuck. HA! He got stuck so many times and my little Jeep had to pull him out. I never let him live that down.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.