Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GIVE'ER SUM
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would any one be willing to do the clear tube mode and rebuild my carbs for me? just stock 660 carbs with the jet kit already done. id supply rebuild kit and pay shipping and for your time. im just intimadated by the whole thing. dont get me wrong ive done the jet kit myself but thats asfar as i really want to go without havin some one that knows what there doin by my side. if any ones up to it or can recommend some one that would be great! thanks for all input

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
If you've replaced the jets, you're 95% of the way there... it's not rocket science, just simple, methodical work - first timers should take good notes and pictures just to make sure you put the few additional components back where they were... other than that, it's just spray cleaner and compressed air.

Not trying to discourage your getting help, just trying to let you know that it's not hard... as said, once you've pulled the carbs and removed the float chamber, you're there.

Plus, you get a lot of pride and confidence from doing it and having it work well when done - confidence that allows you to tackle more difficult jobs when they come along.

And finally, you know that we're here to help you with any questions or issues... how can you go wrong?

·
GIVE'ER SUM
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your right QM on all accounts but its mostly the clear tube mod that i have no intrest in doin myself like i said without have some one basiclly holding my hand the whole way thru. im gona get the carbs off tonight and try to do the rebuild kit and see what happens

·
GIVE'ER SUM
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol well i couldnt do the clear tube mod but i took QM's advise and did the rebuild all by me onez and QM you where right i do feel better bout doin it meself. thanx again QM

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
NOW, just take a clear tube and see where your float levels are.. just connect the clear tube to the overflow/drain nipples, raise the tube above the carb and open the drain screw - fuel level in the tube will tell you where the fuel level in the float bowl is. If it's near where it should be, you're done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts