Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got a PCV /Dl's curve And noticed that the current gear doesnt change is something wrong with the unit? or quad?

Also i noticed when i just touch the gas a little it goes from 1900range to 2300range (RPM) And I did Calibrate the TPS sensor. And when i went to try and calibrate the speed it wouldent read speed or anything and then when i put it in first it went from 2000 to 3500 maybe a little more not touching the throttle at all. I did check the TB and its opening and closing normally it looks like. Any other suggestions on what to do on to fix it?

And One more I put water in teh coolant and it froze overnight :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
TPS could be bad... Not sure what wires or range in OHMs. But you should see a smooth transition from open to closed, if you see jumps in OHMs, than it could be a bad Sensor.

I do not know about your other issues, but the water was a really dumb move. I have seen pictures of Raptor motors that have ran with water, the corrosion caused by it is not good. Freezing on the other hand is also not good.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
It was a mistake not a "dumb move," I'm sure you've done something of the same nature before. Everyone has. If you were just mixing with the coolant you should've let it idle so the water could mix. Thaw it out and hope nothing broke.

For the TPS, I'd just put it together and see how it runs. If everything goes well like no coughs, hiccups, or bogs I'd leave it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i put water in it because i kept blowing headgaskets got oil in the coolant and vise versa..so i was just running water to get it cleaner. i have coolant in it now and it did make my waterpump leak which is replaced now but i can get my damp oil pump to pump to the top after a oil change so i dont know what to do yet..(new topic on it)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts