Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my first raptor and its a little rough to say the least. First off when I got it the it wouldnt run so and the carbs where leaking out of the bottom. So I took them off today and cleaned them up it now runs pretty good. Still leaks out of the bottom of the bowl not sure why needle and seat seemed ok maybe there not though. And when you give it gas once in a while it takes just a sec to idle back down. Now for the big question there is some chattering coming from what sounds like the trany any ideas? It shifts kinda tough. Is the trany oil seperate from engine oil if so where do I check it? Also I think the ball joints are bad how do you fix those on these? new A arms??

Thanks in advance guys like I said I know just a little about these!

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Working backwards;

Upper ball joints are not replaceable, new a-arms is the way to fix them. Used uppers from ebay/classifieds, new uppers from rickystator, or new/used aftermarket a-arms.

Engine and Transmission share the same oil. Oil change procedure is in a sticky in the Maintenance section (this section at the top of the section page). Check the oil level and change it, I'd also check the adjustment on your clutch cable.

Sounds like your needles are leaking, but set your float levels first and then revisit the needles and seats.

·
Master of the Electron
15,668 Posts
It is common, after cleaning the carbs, for the o-ring under the float valve seat to leak.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After cleaning the carbs yesterday and it running good. today its back to not running so im guessing the gas tank is dirty and has clogged it up again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.