Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the lowering kit on ebay that bolts to the bottom of your shock? It moves the shock out a inch or 2 and lowers it, but it has 1 bolt that goes in the stock shock location. Has anyone used these? Whats the wear and tear look like on the A-Arm? Anyone have issues with it when it comes to jumping?

What about the widening kit? How good is it? I didn't really want to go any wider but I need to get my front down a little. How does the kit hold up on rougher treatments?

And last question, Anyone know where you can order/buy a graphics kit that has blank spots on it for numbers? Or maybe even custom make them with your numbers on it.

Thanks again.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
If your talking about the CRJ kits I'm pretty sure they don't recomend jumping with them. I think they're made for flat track and stuff like that.

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well poop.

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Give them a shout to find out for sure.
I just got off the phone with my friend who is running them, he said they're sloppy. He took them off, he said it beat the spot where the original mounting location to death, and it even flipped completely up on him and binded his shock up. No wonder they're like 20 bucks.

Do you think it'd be practical to remove and reweld the location a little farther out? Do you think itd hold up to a beating by doing this?

I really want to to lower my Raptor but I don't want bigger A-Arms. I want to try and stay as close to stock width as possible. I just want to be lower.

·
6,925 Posts
I just got off the phone with my friend who is running them, he said they're sloppy. He took them off, he said it beat the spot where the original mounting location to death, and it even flipped completely up on him and binded his shock up. No wonder they're like 20 bucks.

Do you think it'd be practical to remove and reweld the location a little farther out? Do you think itd hold up to a beating by doing this?

I really want to to lower my Raptor but I don't want bigger A-Arms. I want to try and stay as close to stock width as possible. I just want to be lower.
Yeah you could do that if you or somebody you know is a good welder/fabricator. or do the upper mounts like these

Attachments

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah you could do that if you or somebody you know is a good welder/fabricator.
I got a guy that build Mini trucks, he's damn good, but the wait line is forever long. Plus I kinda want to find a good bolt on kit incase I don't like how it rides lowered.

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, I just can't make up my damn mind.

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reduce the preload on your shocks.
I'm 230 on stock suspension. I don't think I have much adjustment left. Do you have any write ups or recommendation on the settings for trail riding/motocross/aggressive jumping and riding?

I just added a pic to my last post and I have the pattern to these I could send ya.
That looks perfect! How low did that setup put ya? Can you make these? I'd pay you to do it for me.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
450 shocks

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
450 shocks
Mines a 08 with all the adjustmesnt on it, how do these differ from them and mine? Is it just different travel lengths?

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
I'm 230 on stock suspension. I don't think I have much adjustment left. Do you have any write ups or recommendation on the settings for trail riding/motocross/aggressive jumping and riding?
If this is your aim I suggest you spend a bit of money and send your OEM shocks in to be resprung and revalved, preferably with a zero preload setup to lower the machine. Either that or buy aftermarket shocks.

Shortcuts will come back to bite you if you push them too hard.

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Has anyone used the lowering kit on ebay that bolts to the bottom of your shock? It moves the shock out a inch or 2 and lowers it, but it has 1 bolt that goes in the stock shock location. Has anyone used these? Whats the wear and tear look like on the A-Arm? Anyone have issues with it when it comes to jumping?

What about the widening kit? How good is it? I didn't really want to go any wider but I need to get my front down a little. How does the kit hold up on rougher treatments?

And last question, Anyone know where you can order/buy a graphics kit that has blank spots on it for numbers? Or maybe even custom make them with your numbers on it.

Thanks again.
You dont want to move the bottom of your shock location outward, it will make shock travel very stiff, I ran those crj ones before. The one that FL.woods raptor gave a pic of is a lot better choice . BUT if you take preload out of your shocks while using that lowering kit you could hit the brake line covers and crack them when the bottom of the shock rezzys hit them. hope this helps. :)

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You dont want to move the bottom of your shock location outward, it will make shock travel very stiff, I ran those crj ones before. The one that FL.woods raptor gave a pic of is a lot better choice . BUT if you take preload out of your shocks while using that lowering kit you could hit the brake line covers and crack them when the bottom of the shock rezzys hit them. hope this helps. :)

Thanks for the heads up

·
6,925 Posts
That looks perfect! How low did that setup put ya? Can you make these? I'd pay you to do it for me.[/QUOTE]

Yes I could build them but it's all hand cut from 1/4" plate and takes some time, I'd have to get around $200.00 to build it. It's kinda hard to see in the pic but it's two plates one on each side of the eye and goes across to the other side then the two plates are welded together in three spots with 1" tube seperators where the bolts go through and one in the middle. It actually ties the frame together in that area and probably would help to keep it from cracking above the shock mount like some of them do.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Mines a 08 with all the adjustmesnt on it, how do these differ from them and mine? Is it just different travel lengths?
They drop the front of your quad about an inch or so, and give you stiffer handling. Here is a picture I found off google with 2 Raptors...One with the 450 shocks, and one with stock shocks. The one with the 450 shock also has a flipped rear link to match the ride height of the front. Sorry if this picture belongs to somebody...:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts