Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's sup guys. Been lurking for a little while and decide to join to share a few videos.
I ride a 2006 KFX700 (715). Here are a few videos I took today of me and my buddies racing at our local area. This is NOT a 700r bashing thread just though I'd share. I know I have enough done to beat them, even though is NOT an easy task, at least not on sand. Enjoy!

These race are on loose sand with the first 15 feet being loose dirt. It started to hook after a few races but it would feel so heavy( my 530 LBS kfx) when it hits the sand. I'm pretty confident the V would dust them w/ no problems on packed dirt. Even though I had my lights off, pay attention and you'll see a few wheels up.

KFX715 vs Raptor (Trinity Stage IV full exhaust, Intake no airbox, PCIII)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAPsmQyRNAA

My buddies racing
YFZ450 vs Raptor 700
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdigbBuBlP0

My buddies racing
YFZ450 vs Raptor 700 Part II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdrwT5T47Lk

Random dude jumping his LTR450 and my son w/ his 250EX.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCSya0WtCDs

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Welcome to the site.... 8) Who's the spank w/o the helmet in the last vid ?? :confused:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I didn't realize the KFX was that fast, you look like you have your game straight...... :thumbsup:

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big Mike said:
I didn't realize the KFX was that fast, you look like you have your game straight...... :thumbsup:
Well tune they are ok, mine is not tune but it has a BBK 715 with 11.1 pistons and stage 3 cams...still a heavy mofo though.

·
Registered
728 Posts
what kind of clutch mods have u done, we use the dalton kit with the orange spring. all of our mods on ours is minor, exhaust, air box, and rev box. its pretty responsive, nothing like urs. ours won't beat my raptor. but i have to give u props, u got a mean machine.

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
raptor700rnut said:
what kind of clutch mods have u done, we use the dalton kit with the orange spring. all of our mods on ours is minor, exhaust, air box, and rev box. its pretty responsive, nothing like urs. ours won't beat my raptor. but i have to give u props, u got a mean machine.
I have a stage III clutch, means machined clutch (shaved) with the almond spring, can't wait to test the Dalton O/B now.
Don't understand quite what you are saying but with 1/2 the money my buddy spent on his performance mods I bought my BBK.
Thanks for the props.

·
Registered
314 Posts
CAROLINA_700R said:
looks like a pretty tight strip to drag on. other than that, you all look like you had a real good time. its good to see video proof of a 3mod 700 beating a 3mod 450. thanks! 8)
i duno bro, i think that was a 4 mod 450. didnt it say it had cam work done as well?

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let me see
YFZ mods:
header/muffler
ESR intake pipe w/ k&n no airbox
cam mod
jetted
Is that 4 or 5?
700r mods:
pipes/muffler
Fuel controller (is NOT a PCIII)
intake pipe/adapter w/ k&n no airbox
How about this one?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Did that 700R have a red front hood? What color was it?

·
Registered
912 Posts
you are right se700r about the 450 having four mods and the raptor only having three. Guess that's even more proof which one is faster with equal riders. even with video proof, people will bring up factors like rider, tire, wheels and everything else one can think of. 8)

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
nice quad and welcome to the site.
yeah i was wondering if he gave up a few times...looked like he might not have been shifting early enough, i think he'd do alot better with the pc3 quick shifter thing. but no matter what the problem was, you won and that's what counts.
and you had helmets on... ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts