Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i ordered my prodesign intake last week and i get the package today... big ol K&N filter - check, outerwears - check, cleaning stuff- check, prodesign intake - WTF?? i looked at the no name piece of aluminum they sent me instead of an intake and almost blew up... being the regular genius i am, i had glanced at it, figured it was ok, and started drilling out the holes in the airbox. I take it out of the package and its some joke of an adapter that requires the intake manifold AND the metal screened cone thing to stay IN the airbox. Correct me if im wrong, but the prodesign is supposed to replace all that, and is meant to be hooked up directly through the hole to the large hose and the k&n filter on the inside. Luckily for them, my graphics and the pro tec lid came in today too, so i wasnt totally pissed off. But still, the piece i got wasnt even close to the description or picture i saw when i ordered it... now another week has to go by til shes all done :mad: :mad: :mad:

where did you guys get your prodesigns? rappy_700 this is directed at you in particular since i saw the pictures in your write up (which was great by the way), and thats what i was expecting in the mail.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Got mine from ebay.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
SMELLMYFACE said:
So i ordered my prodesign intake last week and i get the package today... big ol K&N filter - check, outerwears - check, cleaning stuff- check, prodesign intake - WTF?? i looked at the no name piece of aluminum they sent me instead of an intake and almost blew up... being the regular genius i am, i had glanced at it, figured it was ok, and started drilling out the holes in the airbox. I take it out of the package and its some joke of an adapter that requires the intake manifold AND the metal screened cone thing to stay IN the airbox. Correct me if im wrong, but the prodesign is supposed to replace all that, and is meant to be hooked up directly through the hole to the large hose and the k&n filter on the inside. Luckily for them, my graphics and the pro tec lid came in today too, so i wasnt totally pissed off. But still, the piece i got wasnt even close to the description or picture i saw when i ordered it... now another week has to go by til shes all done :mad: :mad: :mad:

where did you guys get your prodesigns? rappy_700 this is directed at you in particular since i saw the pictures in your write up (which was great by the way), and thats what i was expecting in the mail.
Same thing happened to me, and I was f'n pissed, so i took it back to SMIMOTORSPORTS.COM and asked for the PRO-DESIGN intake with the K/N filter. This is after I drilled holes in my airbox(pissed again). I ended up ordering a new airbox minus the metal cone screen from ALBA for about $25.00. Who ever you order it from, make sure to tell them the intake better say PRO-DESIGN on it. good luck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i looked on rocky mountain and it looks like a pro design version of the same deal, just an adapter plate. Thats what i got, but i wanted the intake, which is what i paid for. So you guys running just the adapter plate for the K&N, how does that work? i mean i wanted to get this thing done up the way i wanted it, but i guess if the adapter is ok i could always use that...eh i dunno its just another pain in the ass to deal with not getting the right stuff... :mad:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lowridin88 said:
mine works awesome.. put it in last night four bolts in the air box and you can hear the air being sucked in
Which do you have? the full intake or the adapter plate that leaves the cone in?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just got mine from Tom at SweetQuads.

It has the K&N, Outerwear, and ProDesign adapter. No cleaning kit though. Do not think it comes with a cleaning kit.

From time to order to me, less than a week. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
584 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Rocky mountain atv has the pro design K&N filter intake for an '06, would that fit on an '07 also?

·
Registered
123 Posts
i got mine from an ebay store for $99 but i also noticed a lot of other things like what you described. ive seen ones that dont even have a real K&N filter its just some no name filter that they through in there. you just gotta watch out for the knock-offs like that. people are too good at doin this kind of stuff these days. just look at the picture very carfully and look for the prodesign and k&n logos in the style of writing that they would usually come with.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ya the picture showed prodesign and k&N... the description and everything said prodesign and k&n but they sent me the wrong knock off product, some sneaky shit if you ask me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.