Raptor Forum banner

a little accident(at least thats what i thought)

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  joske982 
#1 ·
Went on aliitle ride yesterday and the raptor took a lil spill. I got stuck on a hill so i jumped off and thought i stabilized my bike. While i was tellin my friends that there was ice in the spot i got stuck at my rappy started rollin down the hill. It made it all the way to the bottom and took a little roll upside down. Now when it runs it increases throttle on its own! If i put my bike in neutral and let it idle it will start revving up on its own. If im in first gear just drifting it even pulls a liitle bit like im slightly pushin the throttle. Has anyone heard of this if so please tell me whats wrong cause im really pissed off and i hope its not pricey to fix. My handle bars seem to be bent also. Can anyone give me a good test to see if i bent my steering stem. Also does new handle bars fix toe in? All of this happened from what i thought was little wreck :mad: :mad: :mad: :(

#3 ·
I just took a look at it and i broke it im about to post a pic!!

#4 ·
snapped right off!!!!

Attachments

#5 ·
another view. that would probable explain the revving up for no reason

Attachments

#6 ·
that would do it

hopefully the replacement parts aren't too much, might want to get new bars too

#8 ·
another throttle box can be found real cheap off ebay....YFZ throttle boxes work also but id reccomend a Honda Throttle, the difference in the lever angle will be so much easyer on your thumb than the stocker

#10 ·
I already took her to the shop to get everything taken care of. thanks for the offer though

#11 ·
that happened to me, the first day i had my bike, when i brought it home, i took it for a ride, and ended up rolling it..... I tried like JB welding it back together... nothing worked.... so i got on powerpartsplus.com and went to the raptor 700 schematics, and just order the piece from them.... think it was $70 or something like that...

Plattner

#12 ·
What honda throttle assy will work on the Rappy? I replaces mine already but it's a poor set-up and way to exposed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.