Raptor Forum banner

A little suspension help needed.

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Jamie700r 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, Its been 2 years since my wreck and have ridden very little since then. I just can't remember the settings I used to know to set everything up.When i had my wreck and stuck in rehab for months all i could think of is modding my quad. So a new precision stabilizer and revalved shocks by wiig. Never really got to ride since i installed both of those.Maybe 20 miles since then. My question is,The back of the quad swings around way to easy. I have my ride height,rider sag all set. But to get more traction should i increase the preload on the front or decrease the compression on the rear? The preload on the rear is as loose as it can be without making the spring fall out at full extension. I can't test it out until I get it to the trails in 2 weeks.

Thanks

#2 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks man i have that saved from years ago.as well as everyone posted on most of the forums. The springs were to stiff when i had them revalved. And Wigg swapped them out for lighter ones. So they should be correct. Though when the springs were swapped the compression and rebound were left set from Wigg. Maybe loosen the compression?

#4 ·
You could give it a try with the compression adjustment but I still think it sounds like the spring is to stiff. If you have the preload all the way out to get the correct ride height that tells me your spring is to stiff. There should be enough preload on the spring that when the shock is at its free length the spring should not be able to move but not more than 6 turns.

#5 ·
btw do you know what your spring rate is? you probly have, but have your tried out one of those spring rate calculators to get you in the ball park on what spring rate you should be using?

#6 ·
No idea what the spring rate is. I did have the shocks sprung/revalved for 180-200 lbs but they were to stiff after rolling the quad in a corner. Wigg swapped out the springs to the next lower weight. The rear spring is as loose as it can be without being sloppy at full extension. The ride height is as low as it can go with the front being about 1/2 higher measured with me on it with full gear. I had it set up great before i had them revalved. Kind of wish now i would of just kept them stock. And it doesnt help that I have no local place to ride to do a test and tune.

I appreciate your help bud.:beer:

#7 ·
Well sounds like you got it setup correctly to me. Sorry Im not much help. Just have to try different adjustments and see how it works for your.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.