Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone used A.R.C back country gear. i just saw it in the rocky mountain catalog. it looks like it will do the trick. i have never bought gear like this before. i have summer gear ( hand me downs ). im kinda sceptacle about buying this stuff. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
350 Posts
burrburner700r said:
has anyone used A.R.C back country gear. i just saw it in the rocky mountain catalog. it looks like it will do the trick. i have never bought gear like this before. i have summer gear ( hand me downs ). im kinda sceptacle about buying this stuff. any help would be greatly appreciated.
On my 2nd pair, great pants can get a little hot. Keep mud/water completely out no matter what but like said before if its hot you will sweat ALOT.

·
Registered
815 Posts
i was thinking about getting this gear also....

sofa king -- please let us know what you think about the pants after you try them...
I hate being hot.... so i want your opinion also, about 30rappy660 saying they are very hot..

Plattner

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hot is not a bad thing. i ride in P.A. in the winter. i am looking to shed some of the winter gear that i wear to keep warm. i did not know if this outfit was insulated. thanks for the input guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I bought a set of the gloves to use here in winter, even though it is only in the 40's. :lol:

They work great and are very comfortable. I used them all winter here without problems. I only havve the gloves though, no pants or anything.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Got out this weekend and the pants worked great. Combined them with some waterproof boots I got at Wally World and my lower half stayed dry all day. Including when I hosed the mud off of me at the end of the day.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sofa King said:
Got out this weekend and the pants worked great. Combined them with some waterproof boots I got at Wally World and my lower half stayed dry all day. Including when I hosed the mud off of me at the end of the day.
did they keep you warm? i am trying to shed some layers so i am not so restricted. :metal:

·
Registered
97 Posts
burrburner700r said:
Sofa King said:
did they keep you warm? i am trying to shed some layers so i am not so restricted. :metal:
It was sunny and about 40 degrees and all I had underneath was a pair of thermals. The only time I got close to being cold was the short stint on the road getting back to the house. The trails around the house are kinda tight so we usually don't get much wind from higher speed riding. Could put a pair of sweat pants on under their too and be good for another 5 to 10 degree drop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts