Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
was that on a helmet cam? if so can i ask what kind etc... ;)
i can't wait to hit up LS ut

·
Registered
239 Posts
That helmet cam is made by Oregon Scientific.. Self contained, uses batteries and an SD card.. I can film for one hour with 4 aaa batteries and a 1 gig SD card..

Thanks for putting the video together Rusty...

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
yeah, sweet vid, thanks for the info.
did you guy see in i think dirt wheels an article about this helmet cam you can rent, the prices wen't to bad, but sure would be nice to have 1 still. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
it's the only one i seen on the website, it must be the new model or something.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
ok, cool. oh and so was this video at 15 or 30? ..looked like good quality. and fun!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
That video was shot with the older version of that camera. It is a 15 fps. It does a very good job for what I want it to do.. Which is what you see posted.. I did buy the new version and I do not know if it is any better, but I am sure it is. The new one is 30 fps. It uses 2 AA batteries and up to a 2 gig SD card.. It says you can get one hour of video with that setup on its highest setting. I just need to work figure out the mounting of it on the helmet. It is setup a bit different than the older model..
And, by the way, if you search a bit, you will find it at a better price than what is on their website..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts