Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys im about to install the kit nxt week wth the 52 gear as well. Since its going in what else is good to replace before installing the one was??? Oh its for a 01rappy. Thanks guys

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
Just those two are all necessary - check timing chain slop as long as you're in there... ( once the flywheel's off, you're about half way there to what's necessary to replace the chain - if it needs it)

Also, while it's open, use a telescoping magnet to look for any metal pieces from the old one-way down in the sump.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
And a magnetic oil plug.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
On assembly, loctite the woodruffe key into the crank shaft groove, this will help a lot when installing the flywheel which usually try to pull themselves in when you are attempting to slide it onto the crank.............

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
On assembly, loctite the woodruffe key into the crank shaft groove, this will help a lot when installing the flywheel which usually try to pull themselves in when you are attempting to slide it onto the crank.............
Thats a great idea, I did the same thing. Ow ya, you gave me the idea..:D:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, but im not doing it i just dont trust my self yet on doing this type of work yet. Unless some in So Cal can help Ill buy them a 24 back of beer.:D.

Ill make sure to buy a magnet oil plug. Any othere gears in there that should b good to replace or pump etc?

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Do you have an impact driver (one that you hit with a hammer). You may prefer it to remove the screws that hold the clutch part to the flywheel. I used that rather than an air-impact because I didn't want to break anything or the screws. I have used them on phillips head screws before for both tightening and loosening in that style application. Just a preference of mine.

You can find them at hardware stores for about $15 for the set and just put whatever bit into it you need. Saves alot of frustration when removing stripping screws too.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Do you have an impact driver (one that you hit with a hammer). You may prefer it to remove the screws that hold the clutch part to the flywheel. I used that rather than an air-impact because I didn't want to break anything or the screws. I have used them on phillips head screws before for both tightening and loosening in that style application. Just a preference of mine.

You can find them at hardware stores for about $15 for the set and just put whatever bit into it you need. Saves alot of frustration when removing stripping screws too.
those are the ticket! Work wonders on philips that been stripped. If i didnt have mine i would be lost. Gotta get a good brand though, there is a difference.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do have one. So the screws that are in there ur saying they are philips?.

Hey dyce51 u mean to get a good set of philips bits?

Is there anything tgat must b aligend before putting the new one?

I would also need the puller as well

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I do have one. So the screws that are in there ur saying they are philips?.

Hey dyce51 u mean to get a good set of philips bits?

Is there anything tgat must b aligend before putting the new one?

I would also need the puller as well
Allen head bolts secure the one way to the flywheel..............

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ima see if I can tackle the labor my self guys. I need more info before I do the job. Is there any specs I need to fallow?

Now for the puller I can buy at any auto store?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yea you should be able too. You need a 3 bolt puller. You will probably have to go to the hardware store to buy the right ones.

Do not use a jaw style puller you can / will bend the flywheel. Do you have a 3/4 electric or air impact?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea i got a 300lb Craftman battery gun. I use it to take switch my wheels from my street tires to my slicks on my truck. Its work pretty good

Yea you should be able too. You need a 3 bolt puller. You will probably have to go to the hardware store to buy the right ones.

Do not use a jaw style puller you can / will bend the flywheel. Do you have a 3/4 electric or air impact?

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
thanks guys, but im not doing it i just dont trust my self yet on doing this type of work yet. Unless some in So Cal can help Ill buy them a 24 back of beer.:D.

Ill make sure to buy a magnet oil plug. Any othere gears in there that should b good to replace or pump etc?
Where in SoCal?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts