Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did any of you guys with AC Pro Peg Blackline nerfs have to bend and really push the front tabs to get them mounted? The bolts seemed a little short too. What about this having to drill the foot peg area, does anyone have a PIC of that? It seems that drilling that hole could cause weekness.

Am I just worring over nothing?

Jay

·
Registered
213 Posts
dude, i wore out so many f&*kin drill bits trying to get thru that bitch, i just left it alone. The front tabs were a pain, had to get some help to pop the screw thru while i pulled, but after that it was fine. I didnt drill the footpeg area cause it was a biatch n a half, but they seem to stay on just fine without the drilling.

·
Registered
128 Posts
desdak4 said:
Did any of you guys with AC Pro Peg Blackline nerfs have to bend and really push the front tabs to get them mounted? The bolts seemed a little short too. What about this having to drill the foot peg area, does anyone have a PIC of that? It seems that drilling that hole could cause weekness.

Jay

Yeah they are a bitch to line up and snug together, you will need someone else to help you line up everything. I ended up having to use a pry bar and have a friend pull as hard as he could to get them together. The bolts on mine were long enough, mabey they sent you the wrong ones. Do they reach all the way across without the peg installed on the bike? They are nice after you get them installed, just a pain in the ass to get on. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
desdak4 said:

Jay
No problem at all! Used a rubber hammer, one or two knocks on each side snugged it right up and bolted it together. As far as the drilling the pegs goes, if you make sure you have a metal drill bit it will go right through it. (Always drill a smaller pilot hole first). I think the complete install took less than 30 minutes. I have to admit that I have installed a pair or two before so that may have helped.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Rookies!!!! lol! :p

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have heard/read a few complaints about these nerf bars. Most of the time guys just start bolting them on and tighten them up as they go. It is easier to get them to line up if you just start the bolts in the holes and don't tighten anything till all the bolts have been started in the holes. Mine went on pretty easy with this method. And as far as drilling them, like above poster said you need to use two to three different sized of drill bits starting off small and working your way up to the size you need. Makes life alot easier on you and your bits. I don't think i would not drill them, but hey your legs. I will say though i had to take some sand paper to the area where the brake pedal pivots. It was real "sticky" and didn't want to release the breaks. Other than that cannot complain at all bout the bars. And they will look real good on your SE. :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a set on both my bikes and they were both a pain in the ass to install. I do recomend drill the peg cause you will be sliding that out and puting more presure on the front bolts and possibly snaping them while you ride.
SMELLMYFACE said:
dude, i wore out so many f&*kin drill bits trying to get thru that bitch, i just left it alone. The front tabs were a pain, had to get some help to pop the screw thru while i pulled, but after that it was fine. I didnt drill the footpeg area cause it was a biatch n a half, but they seem to stay on just fine without the drilling.
you must be using wood to drill thru cause i did 2 sets with just 1 bit..lol :lol:

·
Registered
213 Posts
RaptorHeat said:
I have a set on both my bikes and they were both a pain in the ass to install. I do recomend drill the peg cause you will be sliding that out and puting more presure on the front bolts and possibly snaping them while you ride.
SMELLMYFACE said:
you must be using wood to drill thru cause i did 2 sets with just 1 bit..lol :lol:
na they were definitely made for metal, just really cheap... all i had at the time

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have always ran Pro Armor (by no means a rookie) but I don't like how they look on the Raptor. I got them bolted up too, it just took a little longer than I wanted. I do still have to drill the foot peg (I got 4 of those bolts), a 3/8 hole seems big but I am going to follow the istructions.

Jay

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
desdak4 said:
I have always ran Pro Armor (by no means a rookie) but I don't like how they look on the Raptor. I got them bolted up too, it just took a little longer than I wanted. I do still have to drill the foot peg (I got 4 of those bolts), a 3/8 hole seems big but I am going to follow the istructions.

Jay
That was just a joke Jay! :thumbsup: Drilling really should go ok for ya, but I highly recommend installing them!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I figured, I got htem all drilled and bolted on with no more problems. I was concerned about the front bolts being kinda short since that is also a motor mount but once I got them all tightened up I think we are good. I drilled right through the foot peg with no issue. These nets have to be the easiest I have ever installed though.

Jay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts