Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of new AC Blackline nerfs from a member here, but there is no hardware included. All I got was the 2 nerfs, 2 pegs and 2 welded pieces. I assume that there are some add'l nuts, bolts and washers there. Yes, I've contacted the seller and they don't know what happened to them. True enough, it's evident they've not been installed yet, but what I need to find out is what hardware do I need to come up with now? Should I just contact AC Racing for a list? Since these are pretty popular, I figured I could get soemone on here to possibly tell me what all I need. Is there anything special that I can't buy? Do they use Gr. 5 or 8 hardware at all (or should they)? Any help would sure be appreciated! Hmmm, maybe it wasn't such a good deal afterall, huh?

·
Registered
83 Posts
My nerfs used the stock bolts. You'll need 2 on each side and however it mounts so the 2 sides come together in the front.

·
Registered
730 Posts
If you don't want to mess with the hardware I'll gladly give you what you paid for them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think I used the bolts that came with the nerfs. I do recall (not quite sure though), but the hardware that came along with my nerfs were the same size(s) as the stockers...maybe someone can second?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got an email from AC Racing, and here is the hardware that it takes (not that anyone else should have a need for this, but just in case).

QTY FASTENER
2 8x25mm
4 8x55mm
10 8mm washers
4 8mm nyloc nuts
6 6x70mm bolts
12 6mm washers
6 6mm nyloc nuts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No they didn't but I've since asked about it. I've also found some online stores just for the heck of it.

Say, can anyone tell me if all of the screws are fully-threaded or partially threaded? I assume these are ordinary hex head screws...not socket heads or anything like that? However, I was planning on getting Gr 10.9 as opposed to std. grade fasteners just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I can tell you I snapped off one of there bolts during install and had to use one stock bolt. I would step up whatever you can, it would be an improvment over there suplied bolts. Pick up some good loctite while your hunting for bolts! And if I remeber correctly it was an all thread bolt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.