Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of my 06 raptor 700. I am wanting to get more red on this bike, so i can kinda have a red/white theme going, or maybe more billet.... i also have the spider grips (red/balck) on the bike & a red renthal crossbar pad on the handlebars. otherwise the bike is "as is in the picture".... I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on what else to add....
Thanks Plattner - - i know i started a thread similiar to this on the mods page but i thought maybe i would get more feedback on this discussion.....

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a few suggestions i have already had is to get my nerfs powder coated red.... also getting a radiator gaurd that is red... i am thinking about the powder coating of the nerfs ...what do you all think.... if i do the nerfs should i coat the a-arms also? if i did the nerfs and a-arms how do you all think that would look (or what i HAVE to do the frame also)?
Thanks Plattner

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Looks more like a red, white and grey theme to me.  I think the red netting would look good, you should call the people that make them and they might help you get red.  You could do a rear shock cover, seat cover, red radiator and coolant bottle protection, and bead lock wheels with a red bead lock.  That is all I can think of.  You could start powder coating, but I think the grey looks fine with the stickers and shock covers you have.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You could powder coat the a-arms red.
Or you could powder coat the frame bright red, kinda like the dark red on the 07 models.
Red netting, crossbar pad, maybe even try to paint the GYTR logo on your exhaust red.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well i am going to powder coat the a-arms red.... now i am trying to decide whether to powder coat the nerfs or not.... what do you all think?? (you can see pics of my bike above).... if i do the nerf bars i dont know whether to powder coat them red or black?? what do you all think?? one more thing- - I want black rims (like the C-Series), so i am thinking about powder coating the rims black?? would i be stupid for doing that or not - - bcs it would be cheaper for me to powder coat them black then buy the c-series rims.... \
Thanks for suggestions - Plattner

·
Registered
226 Posts
Since theres not really much black on your bike anyways (besides your tires)....and b/c your powdercoating your a-arms red, i'd go ahead and powdercoat thee nerf frames red, and leave black nets in.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Diddly did a sketch of what the bike would look like in the "golden raptor" thread.... i dont know if i still want to do the red or not.... please look and see what you all think.... that is my actual bike that he added the colors too.... maybe i should bo them black or something..... suggestions?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
if your powder coating you could also get your hubs, spindles, mount for the rear sproket and rear brake disk done. I think red hubs with the silver wheels would look better than black rims

1 - 10 of 10 Posts