Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the delay folks, now that I am back from my vacation, let the reviews begin once again!!!

:thumbsup:

This combination is superior in both looks and performance than the OEM setup, Yamaha Wheels and Dunlop Tires. First off, you will see the OEM setup and some info on them below, ie weight, and tread pattern.

Front OEM Tire/Wheel Combination:

16 lbs for the OEM front tire/wheel setup, mounted up.

Rear OEM Tire/Wheel Combination:

18.8 lbs for the OEM rear tire/wheel setup, mounted up.

Here are a few shots of the way the MotoSport Alloy Wheels (both chrome & black come the same way) come when they arrive at your home (FYI, COME WITH THERE OWN TAPERED LUG NUTS, AND SLIM WALL SOCKET):

BLACK WHEELS:

Here's some other shots of the MotoSport Alloy Wheels:

Front MotoSport Black Alloy Wheel:

Black Front Wheel weighs 7.6 lbs.

Rear MotoSport Black Alloy Wheel:

Black Rear Wheel weighs 11.0 lbs.

CHROME WHEELS:

Rear MotoSport Chrome Alloy Wheel:

Front Chrome Wheel weighs 7.6 lbs.

Rear MotoSport Chrome Alloy Wheel:

Rear Chrome Wheel weighs 11.4 lbs.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON MOTOSPORT ALLOY WHEELS PLEASE CLICK HERE:
http://www.motosportalloys.com/

FOR THE YAMAHA PICTURE GALLERY CLICK HERE:
http://www.motosportalloys.com/customer-yamaha.html

LEARN MORE ABOUT MOTOSPORT ALLOY AND TOLL-FREE CONTACT PHONE NUMBER IS ON THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE:
http://www.motosportalloys.com/about.html

Make sure that you mention that your a Raptorforum.com member, if you so choose to get any of these products.

Now onto the Acheiva Innova Dirt Tires.

The IA-8003 Speed Gear (FRONT TIRE):

Front Tire weighs 10.8 lbs.

The IA-8002 Power Gear (REAR TIRE):

Rear Tire weighs 16.4 lbs.

Now onto the Acheiva Innova Asphalt/Flattrack Tires.

The IA-8022 Racer (FRONT TIRE):

Front Tire weighs 10.0 lbs.

The IA-8022 Racer (REAR TIRE):

Rear Tire weighs 12.4 lbs.

Various shots of the Achieva Tires & MotoSport Alloy Wheel combo on my quad:

UPDATE: VARIOUS SHOTS, TAKEN 08/29/06:

Achieva Innova Power & Spead Gear Tires

Comparing the (Rears) Achieva Innova Power/Speed Gear versus there (Rears) Racer Tires:

Comparing the (Fronts) Achieva Innova Power/Speed Gear versus there (Fronts) Racer Tires:

Varios Shots with the Achieva Innova Racer Tires:

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON ACHIEVA TIRES, PLEASE GOTO THERE HOME PAGE AT:
http://achievatires.com/default.asp

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THERE ATV TIRES CLICK HERE FOR THERE UTILITY TIRE LINE UP:
http://achievatires.com/category.asp?level=2&FID=24

AND HERE FOR THE SPORT LINE UP:
http://achievatires.com/category.asp?level=2&FID=23

Make sure that you mention that your a Raptorforum.com member, if you so choose to get any of these products.

I'D ALSO LIKE TO THANK THE GUYS AT TWISTED POWERSPORTS IN TURLOCK, CA. THANKS GUYS FOR MOUNTING THESE UP AND THEY ARE A FULL SERVICE SHOP AS WELL!!! (SEE THERE CONTACT INFORMATION BELOW)

CONCLUSION Achieva Innova Tires:

Power & Speed Gear Tires:
There is no comparison between the OEM Yamaha Wheel & Dunlop tires combination and the Achieva Dirt Tires and MotoSport Alloy Wheels. The first impact, of course is how great the wheels and tires both look, it gives your quad a great agressive look. Believe me, its not just a cosmetic upgrade that your dealing with here. Before on sections that I used to ride, the OEM setup would just slip and slide. Now with the new setup, it grabs really good and you don't need to worry about hooking up at all. This is a great setup, I would highly recommend it!!!!!!!

Flattrack/Asphalt Racer Tires:
I just scuffed them in and these tires are just as slippery like on a regular motorcycle (ala 2 wheels). But after you scuff them in, there sweet, almost kinda like driving a go-kart. Love the low center of gravity, and handling too. These are the "soft" compound, they stick damn good, we'll see about there longevity as I use them. Good sticky stuff from Achieva!!!!!!!

As always, if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me or post up here. Thanks for viewing!!!

Thanks.
Mr. C

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Re: Achieva Tires & MotoSport Alloys Tork Wheels "Better wheel/tire combo"

:thumbsup: some of your post isnt showing

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

sikraptor700 said:
:thumbsup: some of your post isnt showing
I'm viewing it just fine.

:unsure:
Anyone else have a prob? If so, please let me know.

I know sometimes it could be your IE setting etc, clear the cookies, temp files, and history and then go back it, it should be fine, I know its now my service, unless its something to do with the forum itself? Who knows, if anyone has an idea to reolve whatever issue, please let us know. I want to make sure that all of the hard work is viewed by everyone who wants the 411.

Peace.
Mr. C

·
Registered
1,463 Posts

Im using firefox, when it gets down to the pictures installed on ur quad one is half loaded and then the rest is blank,

Ok , I open it IE and it works fine

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

sikraptor700 said:
Im using firefox, when it gets down to the pictures installed on ur quad one is half loaded and then the rest is blank,

Ok , I open it IE and it works fine

I know its weird, on my laptop it works fine in IE and then on my desktop, I have to clear everything then it opes fine. I have my security setting a little bit high, so its just my security settings, rather safe than sorry.

Peace.
Mr. C

·
Registered
610 Posts

It's viewing fine for me.

Cali, do you have the stock wheel weight without tires? I'm curious as to how the wheels compare straight up. I'll agree the combination is better than OEM, but wheel to wheel, aside from looks (the Motosports look great), what makes the Motosport alloys better, if they are. Is the offset the same?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

That some really heavy combo's! How does it perform now with that much rotating mass? :unsure:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

pacanis said:
It's viewing fine for me.

Cali, do you have the stock wheel weight without tires? I'm curious as to how the wheels compare straight up. I'll agree the combination is better than OEM, but wheel to wheel, aside from looks (the Motosports look great), what makes the Motosport alloys better, if they are. Is the offset the same?

I do not have the stock wheel weight, but I wanna think its somewhere around 8 lbs from prior posts, anyone really know for sure? The offset is a little bit different, other than it being bulit out of more durable material as well, and looks great to, its an alternative to whatever else is out there, instead of a plain wheel.

Mr. C

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

135boom said:
That some really heavy combo's! How does it perform now with that much rotating mass? :unsure:
Granted my Dunops, especially there rear, are worn down, versus this new set, not sure how much that factors in as far as weight. That and that there are more knobbier knobs on both the front and rear tires as well, as far as weight, I'm sure that factors in as well. Probably the biggest thing is that these are 4 ply tires with a reinforced sidewall as well, versus a standard radial tire. The fronts are the same other than difference. Each manufacturer sizes do vary a bit from one make to another, even though they say there the same size. In this the front tires from Achieva are taller than OEM Dunlops.

The rears are even bigger Achieva 20X11X10 versus the OEM Dunlops 20X10X9. Just the size difference alone, makes the the Achieva a much bigger tire, therefore it being heavier. Plus a standard radial tire (OEM Dunlops) versus a 4 ply tire (Achieva Tires), that makes for another weight difference again.

But with the quad being modified from 38 hp to 52 hp with various modifications, what good is the extra HP if you can't hook up, and avoid wheel spin. This aftermarket combination (Achieva Tires & MotoSport Alloys) has made everything better, and know it hooks up extremely well, compared to before. Yes the additional rotational mass has been increased, but its actually helped things out overrall, keeping the quad going forward is much improved and the braking hasn't been too greatly impacted as well.

Hoped that this has answered your question?

Thanks.
Mr. C

·
Registered
98 Posts

Must say those wheels on your bike look HOT!!!! And overall the bike looks real great dude.... Good work :thumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts

what did the torks set u back? the link dosent have prices how much for those wheels on all 4 corners?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

EXPLICIT said:
Must say those wheels on your bike look HOT!!!! And overall the bike looks real great dude.... Good work :thumbsup:
Thank you sir!!!

Mr. C

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

MONSTERMATT said:
what did the torks set u back? the link dosent have prices how much for those wheels on all 4 corners?
You will have to contact the manufacturers directly via the links I provided and call to ask them. Remember to tell them that you saw it on Raptorforum.com and your a forum member as well.

Peace.
Mr. C

·
Registered
201 Posts

Nice tires and rims. Looks good on the SE Raptor. I personaly like the riding area where you took the pic's. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

SWFRider said:
Nice tires and rims. Looks good on the SE Raptor. I personaly like the riding area where you took the pic's. :thumbsup:
;)

_l___
____ /_____\======= ~ —
/ / / \
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
{ O O O O O O }

:lol:

TANKS!!!!
Mr. C

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Just to give you guys an update on these tires and wheels. We have put them thru hell and back and they are still hanging in with us. Like I said, these are great tires and great wheels too!!!!

Peace.
Mr. C

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Ok this is an old thread but id never go for something heavier just my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you give me the exact tire sizes and rim sizes for the street set up, its hard to read on some of the photos? Thanks!

The rims are 8 x 10 and 5 x 10..but what are the tire sizes?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts