Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my '07 Raptor. When turn it on to ride it, I let it warm up a sec and when I like bump the throttle it seem like it try's to cut out. If I keep bumping the throttle, it will die. After I ride it, it doesnt seem to do this. Is this becuase its still new or becuase its not yet all warmed up?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Bingo!

Start it up, don't even touch the throttle when you start it and let it idle for at least 3 to 5 mins. Don't touch throttle in that time. I follow this procedure and mine runs like a top. Throttle response is like an R1. Remember that the atv doesn't have a closed loop fuel injection system. The mapping is tailored for a warm engine. When you try to rev it cold, it doens't like that. My outlander 800 was the same way. BTW, I've got the exact same SE as you! follow these directions and you won't go wrong.

MK

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Definitly not warmed up enough.. not as noticable in warm weather, but winter you can definitly tell it needs the time to warm up

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tiggyboot said:
Bingo!

Start it up, don't even touch the throttle when you start it and let it idle for at least 3 to 5 mins. Don't touch throttle in that time. I follow this procedure and mine runs like a top. Throttle response is like an R1. Remember that the atv doesn't have a closed loop fuel injection system. The mapping is tailored for a warm engine. When you try to rev it cold, it doens't like that. My outlander 800 was the same way. BTW, I've got the exact same SE as you! follow these directions and you won't go wrong.

MK
Do I do this everytime? Thanks for all of your responces, I just didnt want anything to be wrong.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I dont really do anything special.. I just tap the throttle a couple times and you can tell when it is warm enough.. After it has been running and warm you dont need to do it.. just the first time when it is cold..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts