Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
proir to today my stock 700 peaked at 73 mph with a 200 lbs rider speed sensor unpluged and a full skid armor and a/c pro peg nerfs. bike weighs in at 430 lbs. now i added the 15t ,iriduim plug and changed my oil and air filter while i was at it since it needed it. now on the same road and gps , i only peaked at 75 mph.
i would think i wouldve hit a higher mph but it didnt. i really didnt feel much differnce with the before and after, besides of the smooth idle and start up. or maybe i need to take more than a 3 minute quick ride to see how nice the gearing is with a 15 t.btw which case saver will fit on the 15t? i tried to mod the stock one but didnt fit right still.
i see many have posted nice things about the 15t even on a stock bike, my buddys say im nuts for going 1 tooth up. they think it was fine the way it was. :3question: what is your opinion on whats going on?
i wonder if i can remove the sparky and still be safe? i have the lid still on since i know the bike will be on the lean side.

·
Registered
226 Posts
only thing i can say is...3mods :grin_nod: That's gonna be your best bet. If you do take out your sparky and lid, your def gonna run lean. I weigh 150, and my gf clocked me stock @ 79mph with radar gun. That's with speen sensor plugged in.

·
Registered
689 Posts
With no pipe filter or efi your not going to get much more then that. Unpluging the limiter on a stock bike will do nothing for you. For that mod to work the engine needs to reach the limiters point and with the stock bike you don't have a chance. You will be much happier when you add a pipe filter and efi, that when the bike will wake up.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah do the 3 mods you won't regret it. As for the chain guard I put my 15t on last night and it was a bitch but it went back on.

·
Registered
689 Posts
To add the 15t on all you have to do is grind a little off the metal case saver and it will fit fine. Also if you get the efi first you can remove the sparky and remove air lid. That will help a little.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the answers. the only thing i havent got right is grinding the case aver. i grinded it down o na wheel quite a bit and still doesnt fit right. i tried to shim it around to get more clearance but no luck. is there an after market saver that fits right on with the 15t??? :eek:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
supraman23 said:
thanks for the answers. the only thing i havent got right is grinding the case aver. i grinded it down o na wheel quite a bit and still doesnt fit right. i tried to shim it around to get more clearance but no luck. is there an after market saver that fits right on with the 15t??? :eek:
hmmmm... I dont get it, mine bolted right back on!

·
Registered
689 Posts
The little metal part of the case saver has 2 holes on top with the 15t your going to use the second hole now.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
700rider said:
The little metal part of the case saver has 2 holes on top with the 15t your going to use the second hole now.
ill give it a shot. thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You guys are doing something wrong....that or my renthal 15T sprockets fit differently then others. Both our 700's stock case savers went back on just fine! Is it tight...yes...but they dont rub and they went right back on!
I just went out in the garage to look and both clear..and both go right on and come right off.

Here are some pics......

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
....In answering the question...without the 3 mods you are not going to gain a whole lot, if any by going to the 15T and unplugging the sensor. Your bike doesnt have the power to get up into the rpms effected by the sensor AND the 15T is going to prohibit you ever reaching even near those rpms even more.....especially with your weight.
With the 3 mods, then it will shine. I have the 3 mods, the 15 and have the sensor unplugged. I have broke 90mph.....and when I ran the 14T actually got it to hit the rev limiter on a slight downhill....which with 20 inch tires puts me at about 95mph. BUT, like I said...took a down hill to do it. I also weigh about 185lbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts