Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was not aware they made a conversion kit for the carbs. What's the pros and cons of going EFI besides messing with the jets?

Is there better power or what and how much do they run?

Thanks,

Curious Don :eek:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I checked into kms myself...the downside..it runs around $1400 last time I heard,..
Two 35mm fcr carbs will run not as good, but almost as good! They run around $800-$950 depending where you purchase..
Upside,..the Kms does integrate a wideband o2 to monitor a/f ratio, and adjust it accordingly, unlike the 700r which doesn't. Widebands can compensate and do some of the job that the mass flow/air density meter does on autos.
Never heard on the reliablity of the sytem and don't really know anyone who has'em..except the turbocharged kms raptors.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
The KMS kit is cool as hell but the price is not. Id rather get some fcr's, get her professionally dyno tuned and have alot of money left over for a night at the strip club. :lol:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I'm going to think out loud for a minute.

You know, everyone keeps saying that if you want to dump a bunch of cash just get a 700. Well, here's the way I look at it. The KMS kit isn't that bad considering what you get is a full efi kit with a programmer, and it had the a/f gauge as well. For the $1400, that wouldn't cover the cost of even the sales tax and a few basic add ons for the 700... so in my opinion, I would rather keep my rappy with the steel frame that I can easily repair myself, with the thousands of dollars of mods I've already done, instead of paying a dealership even more money and sales tax, and losing all kinds of money selling my raptor that there really isn't even a market for any more now that all these used 700s are comming onto the used market.

Just my .02.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
pewterpecker said:
I love the thought of the KMS kit, but I won't be buying one until they lower the price a bit.
Don't hold your breath, been 1400 since it was released. Could come down as 700R's get more popular, but it hasn't yet.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
no, never had time to mess with it and its not looking like I ever will if things keep going like they are right now :lol:

I've ordered a few small pieces from them for car stuff but I know that stuff would work on a quad too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.