Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I need to adjust the rear shock. Can someone explain how to do this and how the different adjustments will affect the ride? thanks

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I hate to be one of those "read the manual" guys but looking at pages 16 and 17 in the owner's manual could be helpful. ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Are you wanting to adjust compression and rebound on the shock or do you need to adjust the pre-load on the spring as well?

·
Registered
779 Posts
there are a few good threads in the suspension section, have a look through those, you should get some good tips there

MK

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
headingnorth said:
Are you wanting to adjust compression and rebound on the shock or do you need to adjust the pre-load on the spring as well?
I dont konw what the compression and rebound means but the rear is bottoming out when doing jumps so i think i just have to tighten the spring.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
sikraptor700 said:
spray the threads with some wd40 then use a large screwdriver and a hammer to turn the collars
it will look like poopie after that,go to a tool store and buy a spanner wrench.....keep it in your truck so if and when you need to adjust you got the right tool.........

·
Registered
988 Posts
I just jacked the Quad up and after i got the holding ring out of the way i adjusted the spring by hand....without any pressure on the spring they adjust extremely easly

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i did mine by Hand-mer also, once it was loose,it turned easy, made a big difference,i adjusted mine as much as i could cuz i weight in the 260's, helped a lot, i didn't bottom out at all last time i rode,...i smashed my nuts between the seat and my ass :eek:. but i didn't bottome out!!!haaha :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
NICK said:
i did mine by Hand-mer also, once it was loose,it turned easy, made a big difference,i adjusted mine as much as i could cuz i weight in the 260's, helped a lot, i didn't bottom out at all last time i rode,...i smashed my nuts between the seat and my ass :eek:. but i didn't bottome out!!!haaha :thumbsup:
free ballin while ridin the trails is not cool :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
loose nutz said:
NICK said:
... so where did your screen name come from, Loose Nutz? ;)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Headrope said:
loose nutz said:
NICK said:
... so where did your screen name come from, Loose Nutz? ;)
loose screws in my head is what my buddies keep tellin me, i'm a diesel mechanic and don't really deal with screws just nuts and bolts, so i used loose nuts. i think nick needs to check this out though it may help keep him from sittin on them again....

http://www.muttonbone.com/store.html

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
oooppps wrong one,,,,check this out for those saggy balls of yours so you don't sit on them again........... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
btw, hey nick krandall will appreciate you for this one.... :lol: :lol:

http://www.devilducky.com/media/34116/

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
loose nutz said:
oooppps wrong one,,,,check this out for those saggy balls of yours so you don't sit on them again........... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ahaha, yeah i gotta get that one, that will help tons!!!>

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
NICK said:
loose nutz said:

ahaha, yeah i gotta get that one, that will help tons!!!>
:google:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.