Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K, how about some input in adjusting the timing on these 700R's without buying a complete new ECU. Could you not adjust the pickup coil near the stator and retard it/advance it similar to the Banshee's? Obviously there are no kits out there for them, so there would be some fabrication involved, but besides it taking some time, why couldn't you do that?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
i know where you are coming from. i have a blaster and have the degree key, but they do have the adj. plate to. but because the rappy is computer controlled i dont think you could offset the flywheel and gain because the computer would compensate. but unsure... let us know what you find out..

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have heard that you cannot adjust the ignition without replacing the ECU or eventually the PCIIIusb is going to have an ignition feature that you can use. It is computer controlled and it will compensate for any manual changes you make. That is how the rev limiter works, it starts to retard timing to keep you at a certain rev in 5th gear. My sportbikes work a different way, I have a soft limiter that lessens fuel ever so slightly and then at 10,000rpm's I have a hard limit that cuts fuel completely. It is a 1000cc V-Twin hence the lower revs as opposed to the in-line fours which can go as high as 16,000 or 17,000.

Craig,

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have heard that Velocity Devices and Dyno Jet are both working on new CDIs that would have adjustable timing curves and rev limiter. It'll be nice to have one of those so we can optimize our motors and grade of fuel.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Rocket factory already has one for sale, ask for the Explosive Racing ECU, it does everything you have mentioned.

·
Registered
26 Posts
RF has one but the price tag is 1000.00 i think

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.