Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Just follow the directions, like you said fairly straight forward. A bent set of feeler gauges works best. The first time thru the lock nuts can be a little frustrating when you tighten them and the clearance changes.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Motionpro.com has a good set of feller gauges already bent and are single blade not a key set wher you got to place a bunch of blades togather. I dont know wher elese to get gauges like this and all i find in town is key sets.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
When your adjusting, the info in the manual gives you a spec tolerance, stay on the loose side(the larger gap) the valves tend to tighten a little more after you run it. If you tighten it to the tight side of the tolerance(least amount of gap, or none) when the valves tighten up they could end up sticking slightly open, depending how tight, you could lose power..or have your piston smack a valve. That doesn't mean make it the loosest setting either, just a little on the loose side. Be sure to check and recheck the gap on the valves,like first raptor said, the clearance changes after you tighten the lock nut up..After you do it a once, it'll be cake afterward...for most people. good luck! :thumbsup:....

another thing, make sure you clean up all around the motor before opening the adjustment ports...You don't want a lot of crud getting into your motor. As for the feelers, I got a set for .99 cents at auto zone, cut the one off I need.. No more issues with the entire set fitting in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.