Raptor Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
i took my rappy to work one day from home and i tried avoid getting muddy so i went slow and everything....still didnt work :lol:

i live in NY and acourse theres alot of mud :crazy:

deff have extra clothes. i normally unload at a freinds house and we go from there, so i bring extra clothes to change when i get back.

i havnt dont tons of ridding on the raptor, since i got it in NOV and had only some time till winter came, but outta all the mud i went through i got stuck once, i was following everyone through a river and as they went up they made it muddy, so i couldnt get up outta the river lol, so my friend has a wench on his 4x4 so we used that.

ill deff have to take pics once it gets nice out and we go ridding for the day/night

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well. I'm back. And I'll tell you what: I might have looked like a crab fisherman in my yellow PVC rain suit and black rubber boots but I stayed clean and dry- even despite falling on my ass after my boot got suctioned to the bottom of a two foot deep "puddle" that I didn't make it through. The trick: duct or electrical tape the cuffs on the jacket and your pant legs over your boots.
As for running wide open- your call, but I'd recommend against it if you are trail riding. Even with the tires aired down to 3.5 psi I found they were still fairly buoyant. After the initial plowing into the water/mud, the nose would lift while the heavy rear end would start to dig in (the 700 has an extreme amount of torque). And it seemed like the deeper the puddle was, the more the rear end wanted to sway - kind of like on a front wheel drive car in the snow: point the nose and the rest kind of waddles as it follows.
Thanks for all the advice, folks. I had a blast. Now I get to clean everything up. Yay.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Glad ya had fun bro but it sucks to be you now (cleaning). Thats the only damn thing I hate about muddin is the cleaning up part. Well good luck to ya bro and hope you have more fun in the mud. -- WOODY

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
W69DY said:
Glad ya had fun bro but it sucks to be you now (cleaning). Thats the only damn thing I hate about muddin is the cleaning up part. Well good luck to ya bro and hope you have more fun in the mud. -- WOODY
Got that right. It did suck cleaning all that off. I thinking having A-arm guards and the engine skid plate helped keep most of it from baking on to the engine though - come to think of it that's probably why the front end felt so buoyant in the mud and water; the guards were acting as a hull.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Man I live for the mud, I live 20 minutes from holister hills in california, when it rains its all about let the mud fly, the tear off shields are a must for the mud just keep that little wipper on your riding glove clean and you don't have to tear off to often, I've been ridding my 660 raptor for 3 years there and believe me mud is better then the can't see thru choking dust anytime, just bought a new 700r se and it's raining right now so tommorow should be perfect. ( bring on the wd-40)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts