Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the clutch on my 660. The question is, should i buy a 5 hour used barnett dirt digger or new oem yamaha? This is my first clutch replacement. What clutch do you guys think is better?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Everyone here is going to recommend the gytr clutch kit... I wouldn't trust a used clutch kit personally, I like the assurance of knowing I only have to do the clutch once... and that it is going to last me a while...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everyone here is going to recommend the gytr clutch kit... I wouldn't trust a used clutch kit personally, I like the assurance of knowing I only have to do the clutch once... and that it is going to last me a while...
Thanks Monty23. That pretty much the way i was thinking. The way my luck is if i bought the used kit i would end up having to buy the new kit 5 minutes later.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I wouldn't put anything used in my motor just to decrease a disaster waiting to happen. I'd either go with a new clutch or a new clutch. :D

I've always had the best luck with factory oem clutches, but the Barnett lasted for a while in my 2004 YFZ if my memory is correct I believe it out lasted my Hinson.

I'm pretty sure we have a Magnum,EBC,KG, and Dirt Digger clutch in stock for the Raptor 660 along with different brands of clutch baskets if you need something right away give us a call.

·
Master of the Electron
15,417 Posts
If there's nothing wrong with the 5 hour Digger, why would they have removed it?

GYTR all the way.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
You know, I have destroyed clutches in less then five seconds.............

·
Registered
435 Posts
i have the EBC kit and its holding up well.Also this past fall i was looking for gytr kit but it was backordered since the spring of 2010 so i went with the EBC kit.Not sure if dealers have them yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts