Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Revised messeage!

Hello I am thinking of buying a new complete exhaust for my 2005 660 Raptor. I have seen this on Ebay, are they any good? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-WHITE-BROTHERS-G2-RACE-ATV-EXHAUST-YAMAHA-RAPTOR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43978QQitemZ290093716398QQrdZ1

The other one I was looking at was http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Raptor-660-Monster-Pipe-ATV-Exhaust-System_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43978QQitemZ200038694460

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows of another good supplier of exhausts and had good service please let me know. I live in Spain so I would need it shipped here. They cost an absolute fortune here!!

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
The first thing we need to know is what results you are looking for? All-out maximum power? Or just a nice increase for a reasonable price? Second, what kind of restrictions where you ride? Do you need a spark arrestor? Is there a noise limit (max. dB)? And also, what other modifications do you have now and are you planning to do in the future? Give us that to work with and we'll give you some realistic advice. To me, the Barkers dual kit is not realistic for an average trail rider, and the CT may be too loud or just plain overkill for what you are after. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm running a full FMF system, PowerCore 4 muffler and powerbomb header. I am very pleased with this setup. Right now Nacs Racing has the same setup on clearance! This system is better and cheaper than what your looking at now. Heres the link
http://nacsracing.com/Specials.htm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Basically I use the quad for long trail riding. I sometimes go to the track but do not use it to race. The only other mod I will be doing will be the air filter and jets.

Here in Spain we can use our quads on the road so I do not want the exhaust to be excessively lowd so to avoid the police!!

The reason I was looking at these was the price range and the shipping coast to Spain were quite low. Some shops in the US quote fortunes to send the items here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
i'd go with a ct exhaust, but i have a hmf with a powerbomb header, but i heard the ct exhaust get the most power.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I'm plenty happy with my FMF stuff, but then again I don't have anything to compare it to. My advice is to stick with something namebrand, I've never seen the Monster stuff except for ebay, and to me that's a bad sign. The CT with the disk (Supertrapp) type end will be adjustable for sound output, so if you need to tone it down, you can. Probably your best all around choice for power and sound output. Don't forget a good jet kit and a clamp-on style air filter setup.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
out of the two you spotted, i would go white Bros. Not going with those, i would do LTE or barker duals or CTracing for a single.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts