Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends and I are planning a trip down to the Little Sahara Dunes Park in Oklahoma this May and I need some advice on paddles. I'm currently looking at the AMS Sidewinder, is this a all around good paddle tire? Besides this trip there's really only one other park where they would be used and I would probably only use them a 5-6 times a year.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not a bad paddle. I messed around and had the geckos and got rid of them for some itp sandstars. They are a good all around paddle. There is going to be a lot of people pushing some strait blade paddles. So keep an open mind in this thread. There are many many options when it comes to these types of tires so good luck and enjoy little saharal i always do when i go there! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am also going to LS in march... and ... and prob june, july and aug haha I love that place try to go a bunch every year, I am 6 hours away in kansas but the drive is def worth it!!! I like the sand stars I had them for ever!!! they def last and good price!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good to see some other "somewhat" local 700R riders that go to LS.

I'm about 5-1/2 hours east in Joplin, MO. Probably a good thing in that I'd be in a lot of trouble if it were any closer. My boys and I LOVE that place.

I'm still debating on paddles too. Like the climbing of a straight paddle but like the turning of a "V". Also have a hard time justifying the price of the Haulers as we only manage 3-4 trips per year. I don't know why price should matter. I really couldn't justify buying a new 07 SE, intake, PCIII, and yet unknown exhaust....... but that didn't stop me! :thumbsup: I'll be curious to see what you decide on.

Later,
Matt

·
Registered
120 Posts
a little under 2 hours for me to get there...but i usually go to the beaver dunes which are 30 miles away from me. the park to only like 300 ackers (sp) but an easy drive. 8)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
proptwister said:
Good to see some other "somewhat" local 700R riders that go to LS.

I'm about 5-1/2 hours east in Joplin, MO. Probably a good thing in that I'd be in a lot of trouble if it were any closer. My boys and I LOVE that place.

I'm still debating on paddles too. Like the climbing of a straight paddle but like the turning of a "V". Also have a hard time justifying the price of the Haulers as we only manage 3-4 trips per year. I don't know why price should matter. I really couldn't justify buying a new 07 SE, intake, PCIII, and yet unknown exhaust....... but that didn't stop me! :thumbsup: I'll be curious to see what you decide on.

Later,
Matt
I feel your pain, my dealer had a white 07 that was much cheaper but I still pulled the trigger on the SE. I don't have any experience with paddles yet but I need something with good all around traction for roosting around and having fun, but I guess if I'm going to spend the money I might as well get something that lasts.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I currently have ITP Sandstars and Haulers. The haulers have more bite for stuff like climbing and real serious dragging but the sandstars definitely slide better and do everything well just not perfect. I run 22x11x10 in both sets. I do not like the 20's and I did not like the haulers on an 8" rim, almost no slide then. Hope that helps.

Craig,

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
oooh!! I'm thinkin of bringin my wheeler to Wyandotte with me this summer, which is about 1/2 hour south west of joplin! Maybe hit up little sahara? :p I'm going to Oklahoma D-Day paintball game :thumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
700hornet said:
a little under 2 hours for me to get there...but i usually go to the beaver dunes which are 30 miles away from me. the park to only like 300 ackers (sp) but an easy drive. 8)
I was just at Beaver today. Me and my buddy were the only ones there... the sand is still pretty wet. I ran 20x11x10 Sand Stars and really liked them out there. We'll be going to Little Sahara, OK some time in the next month or two and I plan on running the sand stars there also. I have an HMF slip-on, ProDesign with K&N, Dobeck, and 14T up front and it works great for me in the sand. I may be a little rich up top but not much.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Garden City, KS

·
Registered
93 Posts
700hornet said:
Gizmo; did you get your 700 at Clark Motosports as well?
Haha, yep, I sure did. Charles took my trade in at a very nice price and gave me a discount on the Raptor, plus 20% off all accessories. I see you're from Liberal...

·
Registered
143 Posts
i live about an hour away in enid ok. i go to L.S. im 45 so i dont do to many jumps but i like to go fast. i dont have paddles yet, been wanting to get the three mods first but i dont have any trouble getting around there. you guys living near Joplin Mo. should try Appalcia Bay just west of Tulsa. its smaller than L.S. but they have miles of beach to ride on, youre on an island! and the center of the island is many trails. also its free!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Haha, yep, I sure did. Charles took my trade in at a very nice price and gave me a discount on the Raptor, plus 20% off all accessories. I see you're from Liberal...
[/quote]
Yea the 20% off is very nice. Charles also hooked me up on my trade as well! Great bunch of guys that work there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
700hornet said:
Yea the 20% off is very nice. Charles also hooked me up on my trade as well! Great bunch of guys that work there. :thumbsup:
Yep, next time you're in there tell Kenton at the parts counter that Tyler with the Raptor sent you.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Raptor_rpr said:
I am also going to LS in march... and ... and prob june, july and aug haha I love that place try to go a bunch every year, I am 6 hours away in kansas but the drive is def worth it!!! I like the sand stars I had them for ever!!! they def last and good price!
What size paddles do you guys recommend, should I stay with the stock sizes or something else? I have the 3 mods and run a 15t up front.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like the 20x11x10 on .190 ITP wheels. You can go with a 22 inch tire but with that 15T, depending on your size and the kind of riding you do, you might be a little too long legged for getting a good holeshot up a hill or for climbing in lower gears.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts