Raptor Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
The clutch pack I run in everything from stock engine to 120hp drag bike currently costs $120 from rockymountain. It’s 04-05 yfz450 oem fibers and oem steels, use 8 fibers.
Can't seem to find an '04 or '05 YFZ450 clutch kit on RockyMountain, the only clutch kit I can come up with for a YFZ450 is a 2007, Part# comes out as 1376540013 (OEM Kit for the Raptor is off by one, 1376540012), is that the right one? Thanks!

Also just realized that I work a few miles from @dl700 (MrCuervoRacing), what luck! Might just be time to bring my Raptor home and have him do some work on it. :)

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Can't seem to find an '04 or '05 YFZ450 clutch kit on RockyMountain, the only clutch kit I can come up with for a YFZ450 is a 2007, Part# comes out as 1376540013 (OEM Kit for the Raptor is off by one, 1376540012), is that the right one? Thanks!

Also just realized that I live a few miles from @dl700 (MrCuervoRacing), what luck! Might just be time to bring my Raptor home and have him do some work on it. :)
That’s always nice, he’s just across town from me as well. The parts I’m talking about are oem, so you need to look in the oem section. Or if you call Daniel, he should have everything sitting in a redvines container of oil. He also stocks the re-usable gaskets which are like $25

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Small world with so many people living so close! I work out on the far end of w11th and live out in Thurston so nice little back and forth every day.

Excellent, thanks for posting the PN# / Qtys. So that's the actual plates and fibers and not the full kit, makes sense now from when you said 8 fibers.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Small world with so many people living so close! I work out on the far end of w11th and live out in Thurston so nice little back and forth every day.

Excellent, thanks for posting the PN# / Qtys. So that's the actual plates and fibers and not the full kit, makes sense now from when you said 8 fibers.
Yes, those are the fibers and steels that make up the clutch pack. Daniel als has some good springs for when you decide you want more power.

You live near me then. I’m on Daisy St.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yeah super close to you, we were on S 72nd up until a year ago, moved up the hill to Glacier. If you heard any 700 revving last week, that would've been us!

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Yeah super close to you, we were on S 72nd up until a year ago, moved up the hill to Glacier. If you heard any 700 revving last week, that would've been us!
We’re heading to Winchester today.

Reactions: Leonard4

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,411 Posts
I'm already here for the last 11 sunny days and soft sand. Weather's been great until yesterday. Fog came in with the wind from the South and some moisture. Foggy this morning, and damp sand.

Reactions: Leonard4

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Seems like everyone on the forums lives in Oregon! Wish I had my 700 back, we were supposed to head back up to Huckleberry tomorrow with some friends.

·
11,411 Posts
Where are you staying. We're at the South day use now, may go back to Halfmoon #5 for a few more days and double up with friends.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Where are you staying. We're at the South day use now, may go back to Halfmoon #5 for a few more days and double up with friends.
We’ll be in half moon #22 I think, the one with the big orange trailer lol.
I loaded up some firewood in case they decide to lift the ban locally like they’ve done in the past. I’ve heard people say fires were allowed and others say not.

·
11,411 Posts
We’ll be in half moon #22 I think, the one with the big orange trailer lol.
I loaded up some firewood in case they decide to lift the ban locally like they’ve done in the past. I’ve heard people say fires were allowed and others say not.
Just got back from a ride, I'll look and say hi.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Update 9/15/2020

PowerMotorSports has had my Raptor for 2 weeks now. I called them on friday, service guy said the goodwill request was denied through Yamaha, then was told they were going to submit a goodwill request again...so I called their sales manager to find out what was going on and he copied myself and a Yamaha rep in an email with their service guy. Service guy sent me a text a few minutes after saying Yamaha asked for some pictures of the clutch so back to waiting again. Glad I'm not in a hurry to get it back with all this smoke and fire going on. Still frustrating though!

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Update 9/15/2020

PowerMotorSports has had my Raptor for 2 weeks now. I called them on friday, service guy said the goodwill request was denied through Yamaha, then was told they were going to submit a goodwill request again...so I called their sales manager to find out what was going on and he copied myself and a Yamaha rep in an email with their service guy. Service guy sent me a text a few minutes after saying Yamaha asked for some pictures of the clutch so back to waiting again. Glad I'm not in a hurry to get it back with all this smoke and fire going on. Still frustrating though!
Yeah, the forests including dunes are going to be closed for awhile anyway until we get some rain. If they don’t want to warranty it, the parts you need are $120 total and I have them in my garage soaking in oil already. I can do it for you if you need.

·
11,411 Posts
Update 9/15/2020

PowerMotorSports has had my Raptor for 2 weeks now. I called them on friday, service guy said the goodwill request was denied through Yamaha, then was told they were going to submit a goodwill request again...so I called their sales manager to find out what was going on and he copied myself and a Yamaha rep in an email with their service guy. Service guy sent me a text a few minutes after saying Yamaha asked for some pictures of the clutch so back to waiting again.
Yeah, the forests including dunes are going to be closed for awhile anyway until we get some rain. If they don’t want to warranty it, the parts you need are $120 total and I have them in my garage soaking in oil already. I can do it for you if you need.
If Yamaha denies your claim, you should go for his offer. Tweb knows what he's doing and would save you money. And spend the extra money for the reusable gasket.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts