Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day when I was tightening my chain I stripped out one of the chain adjustment bolts that goes into the swing arm. I am planning on drilling it out and tapping it for a bigger bolt but was wondering if you guys had some suggestions?

·
Registered
53 Posts
if its just stripped i would loosen the 2 carrier bolts and get a prybar or screwdriver under bolt or even pliers to put some upward pressure on bolt and try and get it loose, then should just be able to clean up threads.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It actually pulled the aluminum threads out so that is not a possibility. How do you think heli coils would work though?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Helicoil should hold up just fine. And quit torquing those bolts down so tight! ;)

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Look on your local CL. there was one in my area with a G-force axle, Carrier, All hubs for $50 in OH. I though about buying but didn't feel like parting it out. Might be a option if you can't fix your.....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look on your local CL. there was one in my area with a G-force axle, Carrier, All hubs for $50 in OH. I though about buying but didn't feel like parting it out. Might be a option if you can't fix your.....
Can you post a link of that! I want to try to fix it first cuz I know that the swingarm bolt is going to be a biscuit. I am about to go put the heli coil in right now though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts