Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking for a clean raptor. Found 2 in particular. #1 is a 2006 se, full hmf w/pc, nerfs, bumper $4000 obo. #2 2009 se[, 1450 miles,w/ 2 bros s/o, pro flo intake w/ k&n, nerfs, Itp xcr's f/r, pro tapers $6000. Im tried to take the '09 all stock for $4000 but he wants to sell as she sits. Whats a good price to buy these during the winter.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Where are you located? I'm in portland or. and found a nice 08 for 4k all stock.
4k for a used 700 anywhere from 06-09 is an average deal.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Amazing how quickly these things can lose their value in this economy. 8k+ MSRP but they're going for mid 6k new from the showroom floor and in some places even less. This really takes the value out from a resale standpoint. It's also made my 660 drop pretty quickly too :lol: :(

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Amazing how quickly these things can lose their value in this economy. 8k+ MSRP but they're going for mid 6k new from the showroom floor and in some places even less. This really takes the value out from a resale standpoint. It's also made my 660 drop pretty quickly too :lol: :(
true md but it also makes it a great time to pick one up8)

·
Registered
749 Posts
does the '09 have a fuel controller on it? price still is high.

just like mad dog said, some places will sell you new for 6k if you're willing to maybe travel and do some research on who will give you best deal.

guy i saw on another site got a brand new snowmobile for 6k out the door! whereas another guy was trying to sell one used for 6k with 6,500 miles! problem is, a lot of people want to sell their toy for the pay-off amount they owe on the loan...and sometimes it's just not a good deal for the buyer

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does the '09 have a fuel controller on it? price still is high.

just like mad dog said, some places will sell you new for 6k if you're willing to maybe travel and do some research on who will give you best deal.

guy i saw on another site got a brand new snowmobile for 6k out the door! whereas another guy was trying to sell one used for 6k with 6,500 miles! problem is, a lot of people want to sell their toy for the pay-off amount they owe on the loan...and sometimes it's just not a good deal for the buyer
The '09 does NOT have a controller and I mentioned to the buyer that unless its got a controller the mods serve only as looks with no performance, but those mods are nice and would serve as nice extras to have. I always look at Ebay, craiglist and compare vehicles from 1 to another just to make sure im not paying too much, Im in Wisconsin and a brand new '09 just sold for $6000 at the local dealer. it sucks for sellers, i know, its a buyers market with anything these days. I offered to buy the '09 stock but he didnt wanna do that. I also just found a guy selling a '06 raptor for $3500, all stock and he was selling that last year at this time for $4500,

·
Registered
4,986 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Haha yeah I'm speed typin tonight LOL (Prolly not as quick as raptor girl though haha) I haven't been on in a while so it's make up time LOL

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also if he is running with no controller and those mods then he could've don damage to the top end from running lean! I bet if you pulled the plug it's all white ;)
Heres a good deal for around here http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcy/2189814635.html
He's got a slip-on 2 bros with the pro flo intake but has the lid on. also he's the second owner which would make me the 3rd. I dont like machines with too many owners, make me think there's something up!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah who knows how long that lid has REALLY been on haha! I prefer to buy new but like MD said it's a buyers market right now and you can pick up a used one for cheap. Just make sure it's been taken care of. Like the one I posted looks pretty nice. some girl rode it around so it cant be in too bad of shape. Hell contact them and see if they'll split the shipping with ya. I'll go check it out for ya and make sure it's in good shape. ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He's had the setup for 1,100 miles, oh well. I found a really nice 2007 se with 39 hrs, has a hr meter on it and really nice shape but she aint budging from $4500. I offered $4k and we just got 25" snow last night, Its friggin winter!!!!!! c'mon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
been looking the past few days and found a few more raptors. 2008 for $3800 and a 2007 se for $3500. I had someone contact me about another '07 with 50hrs and pretty clean its actually an se2. I offered $3600 because the other was cheaper but have to go an hr for it. Its gettin frustrating lately because when I make areasonable offer i get no response, and they dont give me a price of what they need for the quad. so the search continues............

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
I hate these make me an offer people. I just tell them gimme a price or im walking. From 4000$ to 4500$ there aint that much of a difference have you tried to meet her half way or she's just stuck on the idea that she's going to win the lottery with that sale. Come on. I want to sell it but...when i hear that i walk. Good deal on the 3 rd owner deal i think you did real good smelling something fishy there... always follow your gut instinct...

I hope you find a good one nobody should be without a rappy they are way too awesome LOL.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So the search is still on and I have found a clean blue '08, all stock with nerfs and bumper for $4200. The 2007 se is still for sale and this chick is still trying to get $4500. its been for sale over a year now. I've seen it as a buyers market for everything except for goddam raptors,,,, wtf.

·
Registered
415 Posts
He's had the setup for 1,100 miles, oh well. I found a really nice 2007 se with 39 hrs, has a hr meter on it and really nice shape but she aint budging from $4500. I offered $4k and we just got 25" snow last night, Its friggin winter!!!!!! c'mon
been looking the past few days and found a few more raptors. 2008 for $3800 and a 2007 se for $3500. I had someone contact me about another '07 with 50hrs and pretty clean its actually an se2. I offered $3600 because the other was cheaper but have to go an hr for it. Its gettin frustrating lately because when I make areasonable offer i get no response, and they dont give me a price of what they need for the quad. so the search continues............
have you showed that lady cash? i personally would pay a little more for one that has been taken care of, and you have a good idea how many hrs it has on it. but if you wanna pay less than 4, either the '08 or '07se seem like alright deals if they are in good shape. have you went to look at any of these? they may be good deals. $3500-$4500 seems like a good price for a decent raptor. i mean there may be scratched plastics, but thats cosmetic. if the seller is sayin its only got 20 hrs on it, and the paint is rubbed off the frame, they are full of shit. i drove about an hr in 3 different directions before i bought my warrior looking for a good buy. i did luck out and buy my raptor like 7 miles out the road and only paid $4200 for it in feb '09, but he just wanted pay off to buy a rhino. you may have to burn afew tanks of gas, but it'll be worth it when you bring that bitch home and rip it!!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
if the seller is sayin its only got 20 hrs on it, and the paint is rubbed off the frame, they are full of shit.
ahh, you got to love the "it only has 20 hours on it" BS line. meanwhile, the quad looks like shit and already has aftermarket tires that are half worn! lol

i think the clean, stock '08 sounds like it might be worth checking out or making an offer. that's exactly what i wanted when i bought mine...all stock..even down to the tires so i really knew it wasn't ridden much

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah so far the '08 for $4200 is 1st choice. Im being offered an '09 SE w/500miles for $6000 but thats seems whack although its the sickest looking SE IMOP. I've tried to contact a few ads on craigslist but no one replies, bunch of bs!! no phone #'s wtf.

·
Registered
749 Posts
omg i looove the '09 se too! by far my fav. although i had black/white plastics on my 660 and the black sucks with scratches in the woods. the hood on that SE is what i love. but def not worth paying extra for the color scheme and some other odds and ends

1 - 20 of 25 Posts