Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I recently bought an 05 raptor 660. I have gone through the bike and now it's time to change the oil. I plan on doing some winter riding so was given 10w-40.

I want to FLUSH the motor 100% of current oil + any particles. I read somewhere about using deisel to flush... What do y'all do or recommend. I am not sure the last time this has been changed and would rather change now before firing up for first ride

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
ive wondered how seafoam would work...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have sea foam in the gas now which will be great to run through carb.

I want to flush the old oil out but it's not as easy right now here in Boston as its 20*...plan was to put a heater near the motor to try warming the block and oil tank.

Just wanted to see if anyone has done the diesel flush. Confused how to exactly do so. Want my engine flush to be 1000% complete getting oil and particle out.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have sea foam in the gas now which will be great to run through carb.

I want to flush the old oil out but it's not as easy right now here in Boston as its 20*...plan was to put a heater near the motor to try warming the block and oil tank.

Just wanted to see if anyone has done the diesel flush. Confused how to exactly do so. Want my engine flush to be 1000% complete getting oil and particle out.
Diesel fuel will not hold any dirt in suspension, just use motor oil.........:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.