Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy got me these for Christmas. They look pretty cool, but does anyone have an opinion on them? They are 8-paddle, 20x11-9. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
That’s real nice of your buddy but I too recommend you consider returning them for some Skat Traks. You will be much more please with the Skats.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have these. Worked great I let more experienced dune riders ride it up all the hills and they said that they work every bit as good as sand stars. I went up all the hills everyone else went up and one two guys in our group couldn’t with sand stars….they go to the coast all the time. The front diamond tracks carve. About 1lb. more than sand stars each….

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, looking to get some new rims. Stock ones are 10x9 right or are they 9x9 and just the tires are 10x9? When I go to the Rocky Mountain ATV site and do the wheel combo, it suggests the 9x9 (Douglas black label). So, should I be getting 10x9's or 9x9's for these 20-11x9 tires? Will either work then?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Those look pretty mean to me but what do I know, im a trail rider :lol:.

·
Registered
899 Posts
ChiknNutz said:
Okay, looking to get some new rims. Stock ones are 10x9 right or are they 9x9 and just the tires are 10x9? When I go to the Rocky Mountain ATV site and do the wheel combo, it suggests the 9x9 (Douglas black label). So, should I be getting 10x9's or 9x9's for these 20-11x9 tires? Will either work then?
stock is 9 inch. if your tire is 20x11x9 you need a 9 inch rim. blue lable douglas is good for dunes

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, I know that I need a 9" dia rim, but the first number is the width, correct? Just like the fronts are 21x7-10...meaning the tire is 21" dia., the width of the rim is 7" and the rim dia. is 10". I was wondering what width of rim, 10" or 9" I should get...I'm thinking that it should be 9".

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ChiknNutz said:
Yup, I know that I need a 9" dia rim, but the first number is the width, correct? Just like the fronts are 21x7-10...meaning the tire is 21" dia., the width of the rim is 7" and the rim dia. is 10". I was wondering what width of rim, 10" or 9" I should get...I'm thinking that it should be 9".
Can someone confirm if I am correct on this? I also assume that the front rim is a 6" wide rim (with a 7" wide tire)?

·
Registered
177 Posts
The stock front rim is 10" dia. x 5" width, stock rear rim is 9" x 9". Tires are listed by height/width/rim dia. Rocky Mtn confuses this by listing tires by H(eight)/W(idth)/W(heel)-diameter. Rims are listed by dia./width. So they're listed in different sequence. Go figure...But, yeah, 9" x 9" is what you want. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was planning on getting front rims/tires [from RM ATV] and they default to a 10x6 for the front rather than a 10x5 as you've pointed out is the "stock" size. Is there any reason to not use the 6" wide rim as they suggest? In fact, they don't even offer a 10x5 in the Douglas .160" Black Label rims...just the 10x6. Also, I was planning on the 21x7-10...any reason to go with a different size given that the rears will be 20x11-9?

·
Registered
579 Posts
The 6" wheel will make your atv wider in front and put more load on the bearings. It will also change the profile of the tire some. Make sure you stick with the factory back spacing.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, didn't think it was gonna be such an effort to buy some rims & tires. This is what is listed on the RM ATV site as being for my quad on the front...do these have the correct specs?

4/156 Douglas .160 Wheel 10X6 2.0 + 4.0

Or, I guess I can go with the ITPs. They're about $40 more for all 4, but if they're the right size, I guess that's what matters.

4/156 ITP .190 T-9 Pro Series Wheel 10X5 3.0 + 2.0 Polished

·
Registered
177 Posts
3.0 + 2.0 is the stock offset, so if you want to go easy on your bearings and maintain your steering geometry stick with that. The offset you quoted for the Douglas rims is way out of spec for raptor, you don't want to go there!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Rim/Tire sizes

Okay, one last question (hopefully). For 11" WIDE tires, would it be better to use a 10" WIDE or a 9" WIDE rim? Based on STOCK sizes [as provided by raptorsquid], the rear tires are 1" wider than the rims, but the front tires are 2" wider than the rims.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I haven't seen a 9 x 10 rim (ITP or Douglas). The 9 x 9 is the one you want, the other choice being 9 x 8. I just took a look at my raptor, turns out the stock rim is actually 8.5 wide, with a 10" wide tire. Anyway, the tire is meant to be one to two inches wider than the rim, so 9 x 9 is good to go! :thumbsup: By the way, there are different offsets available, so you could widen your rear by a couple inches by going with one of those.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks much! That should be all I need to know.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Glad to help! Have a blast in the sand!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Blownhotrodder said:
Those look pretty mean to me but what do I know, im a trail rider :lol:.
The vast majority of my riding is trails too, but I do want some sand tires for the once or twice a year trip to SAND!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.