Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok put the 3 mods on...gytr air kit, yoshi rs7 full and pclll with the correct map from dynojet. i first rode with all 3 mods and a ehs lid...well it sucked...the ehs seemed like it was restrictn air into the box compared to having no lid at all....also the map from dynojet did say no air box lid...anyways more and more i rode it seemed like it got faster..maybe its just me or does the bike have to adjust to all the mods by riding it? after few days of riding in dumont the bike rips...1 and 2nd gear not to useful but 3rd gear just rips butt..it hauls azz up comp in 3rd very well.

couple questions:

will switching to a different brand SINGLE exhaust make a difference?

also by puttin on 15 tooth front will i lose the 3rd gear power ? will i have to go up comp in 2nd?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Re: After 3 mods ...my feedback

How can the lid restrict air when the hole for the intake tube is smaller than the hole in the lid? :confused:

·
Registered
517 Posts

Blownhotrodder said:
How can the lid restrict air when the hole for the intake tube is smaller than the hole in the lid? :confused:
Velocity & Volume. No FI here, lol

·
Registered
882 Posts

air volume placement...what that means is if you had a beer bottle and place it in a closet the air volume pressure (MEASURED IN INCHES OF WATER COLUMN) would be small compared to the same bottle in an open field..without the lid there is an enormous air volume change.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

....you need to remove the foam that is in the stock snorkel. There is no reason for it, and its just restricting that much more flow. You get some nice "cross ventalation" with the foam out and that big gaping hole in the lid...haha.

I rode mine with and without the EHS lid and could not tell a diff from the butt dyno...nor did it make an impact on drag racing.

I put the stock lid back on and it DID make an impact on the butt dyno. SO, I highly doubt its the EHS that is making your quad not perform the way you wish it did.....

....take the foam out, maybe that is the diff. Otherwise you are playing mind games with yourself....cause there isnt any noticable diff IMO

·
Registered
584 Posts

Well, mine runs like a raped ape and I run that lid too. :p

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

135boom said:
....you need to remove the foam that is in the stock snorkel. There is no reason for it, and its just restricting that much more flow. You get some nice "cross ventalation" with the foam out and that big gaping hole in the lid...haha.

I rode mine with and without the EHS lid and could not tell a diff from the butt dyno...nor did it make an impact on drag racing.

I put the stock lid back on and it DID make an impact on the butt dyno. SO, I highly doubt its the EHS that is making your quad not perform the way you wish it did.....

....take the foam out, maybe that is the diff. Otherwise you are playing mind games with yourself....cause there isnt any noticable diff IMO
hmm i might try that..... but then whats the use of runnin the ehs lid if u end up taking out the foam? isnt the purpose of ehs lid to get more air in without letting in dirt/sand etc? if u take out the foam i might as well run it with no lid :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

rockinfigs said:
135boom said:

hmm i might try that..... but then whats the use of runnin the ehs lid if u end up taking out the foam? isnt the purpose of ehs lid to get more air in without letting in dirt/sand etc? if u take out the foam i might as well run it with no lid :)

haha...well yeah...but how much dirt and sand did you intake into the box with the stock setup and lid?? I didnt. I didnt get crap in there, and our stocker still doesnt!!!
The EHS was more of a fix for running it wide open with out any lid. Having NO lid on there is what caused crap to get into the box, right threw the top. NOt much of anything gets threw the stock snorkle.

Lets just say NO ONE that has a stock 700 goes out and gets an EHS lid for the soal purpose of getting better protection than stock....haha. The stocker does a fine job, just doesnt do a good enough job of getting air into the motor.

...they get it cause they want the same protection as stock, while getting the performance gain :thumbsup:

·
Registered
899 Posts

This is after two creeks and about 30 miles of spongy wet trail with no lid. I have never run the lid and never will. Just take care of the filter, oil well and run the prefilter. I also run without the plug on the bottom of the air box so if water, sand or any crap gets in it runs right out. Someone on here wrote that the lids with outerwear cost them 2 HP on a dyno run. Probably wouldn’t notice it but some people would spend 500 bucks for 2 HP.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
^^ Its amazing how clean it stays. 8)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think it was the ProTec lid that cost some hp compared to no lid. The ehs with the snorkel blocked off might have a similar hp loss. Lose the snorkel foam and you're green!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I am real impressed how well the 700R air box and seat keeps out the mud and water while riding. My sons will get nasty on his 400ex. But we maintain the filters well and haven’t noticed anything in the intakes…..yet. Had to leave the 700 out at the coast overnight in a bad rain storm and rain water did gather in the box but that was the only time.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
oli700 said:
I am real impressed how well the 700R air box and seat keeps out the mud and water while riding. My sons will get nasty on his 400ex. But we maintain the filters well and haven’t noticed anything in the intakes…..yet. Had to leave it out at the coast overnight in a bad rain storm and rain water did gather in the box but that was the only time.
Ya, the 400ex is horrible without the lid. I took the lid of my girlfriends 2002, rejetted and took her out in the desert. When I got back there was dirt and sand sitting at the bottom of the air box. So I put the lid back on, rejetted and she can just live with a few hp decrease over no lid cause it wasnt worth the risk to me on that bike.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
oli700 said:

This is after two creeks and about 30 miles of spongy wet trail with no lid. I have never run the lid and never will. Just take care of the filter, oil well and run the prefilter. I also run without the plug on the bottom of the air box so if water, sand or any crap gets in it runs right out. Someone on here wrote that the lids with outerwear cost them 2 HP on a dyno run. Probably wouldn’t notice it but some people would spend 500 bucks for 2 HP.
Whats all that stuff on top of the tool kit?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.