Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyboy had this issue? after installing big 3 , the idle on cold start dropped to 800rpm and it dies by it self if no throttle is applied, but after lettin it warm up the idle goes up and runs great, but if I turn the screw to set the idle higher the engine idles good at cold start but runs way to high when warmed up

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Have you checked all intake boots, clamps, etc.?

·
Registered
219 Posts
mine also does that, but only once or twice after i start it, but i have a really rich tune and thats probly y, u might have a rich tune?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked everything and the boots are ok,Im gona reset the tps and cee what that does....
Also is it normal that the crank vent throws moisture into the intake box?

·
Registered
749 Posts
i'd def reset the TPS. and on a side note, make sure it's up to running temp and i did mine when the fuel pump was cycling. seems pretty common that that's the only time people can get it to read.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey guys, can I ask what the procedure for setting the tps is? Is it something that has to be done through the power commander?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yeah you set it through the power commander software. While the engine is running (PCV) it will make you ramp the throttle to 100% to set the values.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Gotcha, sounds like a good fuel tuner should be one of 1st mods. Does anyone know if the MSD will do the same thing? I'm trying to make a decision on which tuner suits me best & I'm between the PCV & MSD.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Gotcha, sounds like a good fuel tuner should be one of 1st mods. Does anyone know if the MSD will do the same thing? I'm trying to make a decision on which tuner suits me best & I'm between the PCV & MSD.
I believe anytime you add a fuel controller you'll need to reset TPS or if you change the TB from stock to +3 or bigger. As always I could be wrong.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
mine also does that, but only once or twice after i start it, but i have a really rich tune and thats probly y, u might have a rich tune?
I got a couple maps that suit your mods I bet ones almost spot on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts