Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my raptor a few weeks ago, i took it down to the strip mine and took it all the way up to 5th and slowed down at the end of the straight and it started to sputter on me... it shut down but started right back up .. Valves?? If it was taking too much fuel in the carb because of an incorrect float height then wouldnt it act up funny while i was in 3rd 4th or 5th?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I just bought my raptor a few weeks ago, i took it down to the strip mine and took it all the way up to 5th and slowed down at the end of the straight and it started to sputter on me... it shut down but started right back up .. Valves?? If it was taking too much fuel in the carb because of an incorrect float height then wouldnt it act up funny while i was in 3rd 4th or 5th?
So from what I am trying to understand from you is that your bike is dieing when you decelerate from high speed................
Is this a one time thing or does it do it repeatedly............

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it doesnt do it all the time
Not in the trails but when i take it thru the gears pushing it.. after decel it sputters and dies but starts right up..

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Ya, if ya ever feel up to it id be glad to look at your bike at my shop in Clarks Summit..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts