Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the local classifieds and found two diferent cdi rev boxs. One is a procom and the other is a dynatec. Both claim to up horsepower. Anyone have one of these? Are they worth the money? The procom is $75 and the dynatec is $120. Anyone notice a power increase or better throttle response?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I was looking through the local classifieds and found two different cdi rev boxes. One is a procom and the other is a dynatec. Both claim to up horsepower. Anyone have one of these? Are they worth the money? The procom is $75 and the dynatec is $120. Anyone notice a power increase or better throttle response?
I have the dyna, and if it is programmable unit it is worth that kind of money, but not for a stock bike, if you have a ton of mods or are burning alternative fuels you should get the dyna fs, but don't expect any increase from the cdi with a raptor even if you have a bunch of mods........

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was looking through the local classifieds and found two diferent cdi rev boxs. One is a procom and the other is a dynatec. Both claim to up horsepower. Anyone have one of these? Are they worth the money? The procom is $75 and the dynatec is $120. Anyone notice a power increase or better throttle response?
What are your mods? If your mind is set on buying a cdi whether your mods require it or not Get the Dynatec

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mods are 686 bore, 11.1 je piston, port and polish, +1 valves, stage 2 cam, no lid on air box, and fmf powerbomb header, and t4 pro circut pipe. Im not really hell bent on changing the cdi. I like the thought of pluging in better performance and i thought the price was pretty good. They are both still brand new in the box. Im in the process of saving for some duels and i dont wanna take money from my raptor fund if im not gonna see any gains. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
By adding an Aftermarket CDI about the only thing you gain is a decline in reliability. A dyna Digital FS is the only one I would buy and I would still bring the OEM Yamaha CDI when you go on rides. Cheap Chineese electronics are not reliable so stay away from the junk.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Mods are 686 bore, 11.1 je piston, port and polish, +1 valves, stage 2 cam, no lid on air box, and fmf powerbomb header, and t4 pro circut pipe. Im not really hell bent on changing the cdi. I like the thought of pluging in better performance and i thought the price was pretty good. They are both still brand new in the box. Im in the process of saving for some duels and i dont wanna take money from my raptor fund if im not gonna see any gains. What do you guys think?
If those are your mods, you will see no gains from any aftermarket CDI, you never mentioned if the Dyna is programable??????

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is the dyna fs. The ad dont mention it being programable. I think i will just save my money. If someone else is interested go to ksl.com, classifieds, and then atv parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts