·
Registered
435 Posts
so your not hunched over the bars..you sit up better on the atv

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
so your not hunched over the bars..you sit up better on the atv
+1. It also helps when your standing while riding. It also helps when your like me im 6'1" but i sit as tall as someone who is 6'6" so it's more comfortable ride. As for what's the best? Its all about preference, iwould suggest sitting on some other peoples raptors and see how u like their bends and then go from there. The stock bars are 7/8" the popular size is 1 1/18 overdose bars as they r more comfortable and stronger than stock. Its also about what your wallet can handle, if money isn't a problem then get the fasst flex bars they're. 300 + $

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Its all personal preference. I sell 90% raptor bend bars to the raptor guys but I think this is because most customers are just used to the stock bars so they stick with that bend. I like a Wyndham bend which is super low and flat, i think this comes from my MX background. The best thing to do is ride your buddies bikes with different bends and find out what one you like the best.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need new bars and a taller steering stem. Do I have to replace cables if I go +1 and If I go to 1 1/8 bars will my stock levers work.I would like something with anti vibe like houser. Im riding an 09 Raptor 700 Thanks for the feed back in advance

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
I like the Pro Taper ATV low, clamp area is wider than on the raptor bend so if you get an aftermarket stem you need this one, the raptor bent will only fit stock stems.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I need new bars and a taller steering stem. Do I have to replace cables if I go +1 and If I go to 1 1/8 bars will my stock levers work.I would like something with anti vibe like houser. Im riding an 09 Raptor 700 Thanks for the feed back in advance
+1 no +2 yes. The stock controls will work with the 1 1/8 bars because only the bottom where it clamps into the mount is that big, it tapers back up to normal size at the grip area. If you get the Houser steering stem then you'll need to order the 1 1/8 mount to match the 1 1/8 bars

·
The All American
401 Posts
I am using a raptor bend pro taper contour that is 1 1/8 on an Ars Fx steering stem with Precision Racing Shock and Vibe clamps. I am 5'7 and It is very comfy. total length of the stem is 26 1/16 inches btw, they were modified to be a little longer. If you go that far up you will need atleast longer brake lines and will need to pull the harness out a little for the wires. Hope this all helps!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I'm 5'15" and I run flexx bars with 2" rox riser stock cables it's comfortable. I'm thinking of switching over to ape hangers to match the buddy's Harley lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts