Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I thought the twin air looked cheap as well but as long as you aren't leaving it in there a hella long time. I am thinking of getting the scott's stainless reusable one. $$69.95

·
Registered
767 Posts
Why do you change your oil more often than most? That's right for extra piece of mind and added protection to the motor, why sacrifice that protection with a no-name cheapie filter? :confused: I always llaugh at customers at my shop that absolutley have to have a specific brand of synthetic in they're car but run a Fram death filter. :crazy: :lol:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Who sells the Scott's filter?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I use the scotts filter, and it will last you the life of your ATV. Ya it's alot to pay, but it's a one time deal. You can get them online @ scottsperformance.com

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya know thats a good point, I really do change it alot, like every 2-4 rides I ran those in my 660 for its whole life and had my same maintnece habbits I rodded the piss outa from 01 till a phew weeks ago and it ran like a CHAMP!! but now I really like this bike haha it is my caddilac so I want to make sure it is runnin good

·
Registered
100 Posts
To me it is easier to pull the old filter out and replace it with a brand new one. I use the K&N oil filters it cost me about 7 bucks but i know that the filter is clean. See when you wash these reusable filters you never get them as clean as they once where when they were brand new and that is added restriction in your oiling system call me picky but dont want to ruin my already expensive motor by going cheap on a 7 dollar oil filter. Just my opinion and when it comes to oil everyone has one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.