Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody

My friend just sold he's raptor 700, because he felt in love with the gytr edition.
He is going to mod the raptor 700, so he can out run my Lt-r450 :eek:

We mostly race at the local mx track and some of my dads fields.

We dont have any problem with width on any of our trails.

motor:
Barker duals
Pc 3
Trinity intake

Will he gain anything from the stock pipe with out the spark arrestor to the barker duals?

is there any pipe that will give him the rev like a 450 and the torque like raptor 700?

chassis/suspension:
Houser +5 a-arms
Geforce +4 axel
(where is it possible to buy longer break lines?)
Is aftermarket suspension, woth the extra money, on a gytr edition?
Nerf
Pro Design kill swich

tires:
proaberly ITP holstehot.

tell me what you think about that setup for mx and fast trial riding

/hamilton

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
no the gytr would not be worth it if he is buying long travel a-arms because you woul be replacing the shocks. The barkers would be a huge difference with a PCIII

·
Registered
153 Posts
Will he gain anything from the stock pipe with out the spark arrestor to the barker duals?

is there any pipe that will give him the rev like a 450 and the torque like raptor 700?
Barkers are a big gain over stock, in any configuration. Sometimes even 10HP more.

You will need a lot more than just a pipe to get the revs up on a 700. However, why do you need to? The Raptor is designed to make power before 7000RPM. Use the Raptor where it is good at making power. With Barkers, a PCIII and a good intake, you will throw a good whoopin on a lot of machines, providing you know how to ride it. It won't be a rocket ship though, so don't get bummed if you loose a few.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts