Raptor Forum banner

Aftermarket stators?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  feedmelies 
#1 ·
Well i figured out my new lights are too much for my stator. Any companys make an aftermarket one? And does anyone know the output of the stock one? Tried runnin 4 50w halogens and my battery was dead after a hour or 2 ride

#2 ·
I dont know what the stock output is. Ricky Stator has been rewinding stators for years.

Not to be an ass, but if you need that much light, consider some HIDs. Yes they are very expensive, but they only draw 35 watts a piece, and the stock stator runs fine with them. You could run 1 or 2 and have more than enough light.

#4 ·
Has anyone looked at the stock stator? Are all the available posts already wound with wire?

I have re-wound many stators in the past. Relatively simple and quite inexpensive to do. I could get over 200 watts out of an XR-400 stator, and 100 watts from a TTR-125L..

#6 ·
Man i wished i could just re-wind it but i have no idea on how to do that or if its even possible on a 700. Ricky stator is not going to make them for the 700. I want to keep my bar mounted 50w and drop down to 35w bulbs on the frame but i still need a lil more juice out of the stator. Maybe ill re-wire it so the frame ones only turn on when the high beams are on i just dont want to be stuck with a dead battery someone figure out a new stator for these things

#7 ·
What would a higher output stator be worth to you?
I could be induced to remove mine and rewind it in exchange for your stocker...
Rewinding is not that difficult - just a bit time consuming to do well.

I do not know the capacity of the stock regulator, so I would recommend a dual system like I did on my XR's.

#9 ·
Any updates on this?

I want to run huge HID's!

#10 · (Edited)
Uhg. Nothing?

This and the damn larger gas tank. Why don't these companies understand that they have a market here? How long has it been? Four years?

#11 ·
Have you tried to call Trail Tech? I don't know if they make one for the Raptor, but I know they make them for other bikes. Their Wesite isn't always up to date 100% of the time, so you might try calling them and asking.

360-687-4530

#12 ·
http://www.electrosport.com/

A guy at Trailtech said these guys made one. I called and they don't currently have one available, but the person I spoke with said that they plan to.

: /

#13 ·
Oh, and the guy I spoke with at Trailtech said I could use four 30 watt HID's no problem. Does anyone here use 120 watts on lights alone?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.