Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey boys whats up, another question, i ride in canada, wet most of the time as theres lots of parcipitation due to how close im situated to the great lakes, i live in sudbury ontario and i do almost all trail riding and lots of dirt road riding, i want a very aggresive tire for crazy mud but i wanna be able to rip as fast as possible without to much chatter on the hard packed shit, anyone help me out, i was thinking maybe 22" mudlites? cause i could use the clearence in the bush, when i talk bush trails i mean like riding over like 8-10 inch trees, having to " catwalk" on to them etc what you think

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey, one day we will have to get together for a ride.
For your question, have a look a the black Water tires. I used them for the winter. Very good tire. A bit expensive but good.
They have a flat design like the race tire but with huge grip kind of z shape.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where u from ? age? and where did u buy ur tires where could i find them ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
You asked me about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I am located in Milton and i'm 32.
Any dealer ship could get you these tires. You can look in Royaldistributing.com They are located in Guelf i think and one in Sudbury. They have some package deal Tires and wheel for a good price.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Also take a look a Maxxis SurTraks, I ran them for a long time and they work well. And you can get a 22x11x9 for the clearance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so seeing as i have a 660 with the new tranny upgrade with 14th sproket on front and stock rear, if i go to a 22 inch tire then ill lose tourqe right? so would i be able to regain that tourque by going down to a 13 tooth sproket or something to componsate for tire size?

and sorry bout that axle i remember us talking but i forgot info, im 19 by the way not like it should matter. u ever do any riding around sudbury area?

·
Registered
92 Posts
22" razr 2s work very good in the mud, and the wear is exellent, i'm usually ahead of every 4x4 i ride with in the mud down in B.C.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I moved to Milton past september. Since, i didn't ride the Raptor. I am looking for places to ride. I don't mind to do couples hours drive to go have some fun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm where is milton exactly, not firmilliar, anyway down here there is literally no where to ride, its illegal to ride quads around here unless u can find some sycluded crown land like logging roads and stuff, which is hard to find unless u already no where they are, such as myself but even those are not even maintained so u could imagine how bad they are. i live on a huge lake so i no a couple of 4X4 trails that lead to out lying lakes, etc but are very hard to get through with 2X4, i make it work though. apparently theres a place in provodence bay on manitoulin island that has a park, same with massey , heading towards the sault. but im not a big fan of exploring alone, as out of all my freinds im the only one with a quad bike etc. kinda shitty but we have good times watching eachother rip it back and forth down gravel roads.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey guys, sorry to bud in on your conversation. Axl5 you're probably my nieghbour I'm in Milton as well......go figure!! We should go riding sometime. I've searched out a few good spots in the area. On another note Sirkka, I have a set of 22" ITP Spiders on the back of my Raptor and they work awesome in the snow and deep mud. I might be willing to part with them if I were to get the right price..... 90% tread left. :) I'll post a picture of them later....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts